Dr. Pepper: Origins (Artifact with original formula bought for $200)

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by icegoat63, May 4, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow isnt that insane? Just the luck though. I'd love to be able to stumble upon some sort of goldmine like that. Sorta reminds me of the lady that was cleaning out her basement and found that near Priceless "First" baseball card.

So he says he thinks he could sell it for 5 times what he paid for it. What do you guys think it'll go for now if its proved to be the original formula for Dr. Pepper?

2. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh man, I bet there are quite a few people that would put up big money for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he got even more than 5 times the amount he paid.

I'm pretty money hungry :nod:.. but I probably wouldn't sell it.

3. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

That would be something that if I had the money I would pay big money for. All I drink is Dr. Pepper and that would be the ultimate collector's item. Personally though I think I would donate it to someplace like the Smithsonian if they wanted it. It's a real piece of history that he may potentially have there.

4. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Wow, what a find --> I bet the owners of that antique shop have hung themselves already. It's like giving away a winning lottery ticket.

5. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

So at what point did Dr. Pepper recieve the adamantium fusing operation?

Yeah I went there.

But that is a pretty cool find as I sit here drinking my Dr. Pepper.

6. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

OMG that is an awesome find im sure he will make a decent profit from that :nod:

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

If at all possible, I would copy the recipe and make original DP to see what it tasted like, and how it compares to what it has evolved to today.