Download Problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jag1, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Jag1

Jag1 Registered Member

I've used Firefox for a long time. Firefox 1, that is. Right now, I've got a problem when I download. The "save to" destination thing has nothing in it, and I can't click it to change it. Do I have to update / reinstall / delete FF?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've had that happen before.

You don't need to uninstall. Instead just reinstall over your current install. That should fix it.

Although why not upgrade to the newest version? I've been using it for a few months now and I am loving evey minute of it. :)

3. JohnR

JohnR Registered Member

Yeah. Just update. I'm sure that was fixed in the recently production upgrade so not a problem!

4. reviewer

reviewer Registered Member

Working in support myself (not for Firefox), I can advise you - it's nearly always best to be on the current version which has many bug fixes.

5. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

On the other hand, I've not upgraded yet because I want to wait until all the bugs are fixed in the v2... It seems most initial releases these days are buggy.

6. Jag1

Jag1 Registered Member

Well, It always seems that I'm too lazy to download the new update :) I'm always thinking "I'll do it later" but never end up doing it.

7. reviewer

reviewer Registered Member

I know the feeling, unless I have a problem I usually can't be bothered to update software, but it's one of the handiest things to fix problems.

8. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

So, now that it's been a while, does Firefox 2 seem to be pretty stable?

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes, it's very stable. It also uses less memory. I'd definitely recommend getting it. :)

10. Python

Python Sssssuper Platinum ******

I can't even upgrade. :( Our network had a trojan virus last year in September so IT dropped evereyone access. I'm surprised I'm able to change the time because in the first three months I was there, I could not until they bumped my access up.