• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flash Games Download Flash games before end of 2020

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Mirage's post reminded me that Flash will no longer be supported by most if not all browsers by year end. If you want to still be able to play old games, you may download them (there's even a request page if the game isn't on their current list).

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, for desktop browsers too now. I actually agree with this move due to the security holes in flash, but it’s definitely the end of an era too!

Thanks for the link!

@dDave, have you heard about this?

dDave

V.I.P.
Dang. That pretty much puts a nail on any possibility of bringing back the old arcade, haha.

I’ll have to go ahead and get a few games. Good memories!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@dDave only thing is you’ll have to keep them on a computer that has older browsers too. Since many auto update or will stop working eventually when your OS needs an update, keeping a second pc that doesn’t connect to the internet seems to be the best way to keep the games playable.

dDave

V.I.P.
Y
@dDave only thing is you’ll have to keep them on a computer that has older browsers too. Since many auto update or will stop working eventually when your OS needs an update, keeping a second pc that doesn’t connect to the internet seems to be the best way to keep the games playable.
You should be able to override windows security temporarily via command prompt or something. I’ve done stuff like that recently. Flash is popular enough that someone will definitely figure that one out quickly. And these games can always be run in an older version of firefox, that’s a pretty easily accessible program for older versions and a very good way to play flash games.

The thing for me is that flash games aren’t really fun to play outside of an arcade/competitive setting. I think I’ve played maybe one or two times, briefly, since the arcade closed down. It just wasn’t the same and there was no draw at all for me.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@dDave arcade games since their very inception have been largely about the leaderboards. Who plays Pac-Man just for the heck of it? You at least want to be trying to best your own high score, but it’s even more rewarding if you can knock somebody else down a peg who held it for a while.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Omg I remember the days when my GF existence was based on being on at least top 3 for Pac-Man haha.