• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Double the normal amount of radiation found in Missouri snow

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
  • A San Francisco beach has five times the safe level fueling concerns over Fukushima's impact
  • The findings - reaching over 150 micro-REM per hour - prompted federal officials to launch an investigation
  • Officials said they were 'befuddled'
  • Snow in Missouri has been found to contain double the normal radiation amount
  • In September, a BBC report said radiation readings around the Fukushima power plant were 18 times higher than previously reported
DOUBLE the normal amount of radiation found in Missouri snow and San Francisco beach | Mail Online
I know one thing for sure I won't be playing in the snow and I would stay away from that beach. I think we have been lied to about how much radiation Fukushima has been releasing and it doesn't seem like there is an end to it. Unless there is something else going on that we know nothing about.

Another thing that concerns me is the livestock that feed on the grass that has been under this snow or just being in it then we eat that meat. Maybe an adult won't be hurt by this but what about a baby, child or a fetus, could it possibly cause problems for them.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Oh, NOW everyone is catching on :lol:

Sarcasm aside, it's a serious issue and has been since the earthquake; from now on livestock needs to be closely monitored along with the beaches as it's only going to get worse as the leak continues.

danwiz

Registered Member
And the leaks are going to be continuing for a LONG TIME - decades! We never know when we are being lied to, or at least not told the entire truth. A lot more people, a lot more testing laboratories, need to become actively involved in measuring the radioactivity levels in every city and state and country in the world, but unfortunately all of the governments have told us "no problem" so those places see no need to do so. Nobody will do anything - not even measuring - until after cancer cases really spike.

It's certainly not just one beach in San Francisco, and not only the snow in Missouri, it's just that those places have measured the levels - and it's pretty worthlessly open-ended to say "snow in Missouri" - implying that the problem is found in the entire state and stops magically at a line which marks the border of Missouri. In fact, the linked article states that the readings were done in St. Louis, so why does the headline not say "snow in St Louis...". Seems like ANOTHER case of misleading information.

Well, you know the old expression "Life's a bitch.... and then you die".

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your right Dan if its there its everywhere else too. I think there needs to be more testing by several different agencies across the US and world so we have a better idea of what we are up against.

I feel sorry for the people that have to live close to it. I bet birth defects and cancer rates are higher than normal.