Double Standards

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Pretty simply question here, do you believe there's double standards in sports. Examples, do you believe these players get favoratable calls?

NFL: Peyton Manning & Tom Brady
    NBA: LeBron James & Kobe Bryant
    NHL: Sidney Crosby & Alexander Ovechkin
    MLB: Albert Pujols & A-Rod

Now there's more but I just use these guys as examples.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think the NBA is by far the worst with double standards and giving the superstars preferential treatment. Kobe, Lebron, and D-Wade get every call.

With the NFL the QB position in general gets protected way too much. I don't really watch enough to know if Brady or Manning are protected by the refs more than other QB's.

Baseball seems pretty fair to me.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Like Echoes said, QB's just get over protected in the first place. People just like to say "Peyton's Rules" or "Brady's Rules" because they're sore losers.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

How do you guys definite over protected? There's so many anologies when you say a quarterback gets over protected? Do you mean when a QB gets hit he's gets a call automatically?

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There's a lot of penalties called against players going after the quarterbacks. Some of them are legit calls but most of them are the refs overreacting since QB's tend to take some nasty hits. The NFL has gotten really soft when it comes to QB's because they tend to be the cornerstones of their teams and the NFL wants to protect them. Meanwhile, defensive players become less effective because they're afraid to go after the QB. It ruins the game.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

By overprotection I mean they have their own special rules that only apply to quarterbacks. You have to hit them a certain way or it's a personal foul.