Double posting

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Nightsurfer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all

Lately when I go to use the quick reply or even the normal post reply it double posts on me. Now I have just been editing my post but I was wondering if any of you are having this issue as well?

I have edited my posts so much over the last few days that I now get an error message when I try to edit the double post.

So are any of you having this problem?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

*testing CHARACTER LIMIT*

Nope, fine for me here.

Swiftstrike likes this.
  3. Nightsurfer

This is the message I get if I try to edit the double post.

You are currently unable to edit or delete your posts.

This is for one of two reasons:

You have edited too many posts too quickly which automatically triggers this restriction. The administrator has been notified and will check the nature of these edits. If they are acceptable your editing and deleting power will be returned.
    You have abused your editing or deleting rights. This usually means have edited or deleting posts in a way that is not acceptable on the board.
    If you wish to inquire about this restriction, please contact an administrator.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Sometimes, when I click on Post, I get a message that I cannot post something again because I just posted. Then I check the thread history below and see that my post came through anyway so I just abandon the current reply box. Maybe if I didn't, it would have double posted.

5. Nightsurfer

Right now it seems to only double post when you use the quick reply.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont have that problem at all, but I've seen you double posting a few times, after three or four times I realise you weren't doing on purpose. Maybe Mr. Wizard should look into this when he has the chance.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

maybe you have an echo!

Sorry I am not much help. I have only ever had this happen once to me where it spurtted out the same post about 6 times, other than that alls good and well this end of the ship.

AeonFlux likes this.
  8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah I havent had a double post in a long time. Its probably your high tech fully auto super click mouse or something :hah:

9. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Surfer, you shouldn't be doing this sort of thing, what sort of message is that setting to the new Mods?

10. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

It comes up with the message saying I double post sometimes, but it never has the same message twice in a post.