• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dormant butt syndrome

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A physical therapist at Ohio State University claims to have quite literally gotten to the bottom of the reason millions of Americans suffer from knee, hip and back pain.
‘Dormant butt syndrome’ causing joint, muscle pain for millions: Report

I have to admit since I have stopped exercising regularly my back seems to bother me some. Never thought about it being caused by not exercising butt muscles enough but back muscles. This doctor claims its the cause of many knee and hip injuries.

I think I should start exercising again. How about you?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
When I was at Uni in my final year, my biggest project of my course was coming up and I was under the pump. I was basically waking up, sitting at my desk and working till night, sleeping then repeat. During this time I had more physical problems than ever before. Neck, back, shoulder, wrist pain etc. I would try go for quick 20 or 30 min walks which helped hold back the pain for a short while but it wasn't enough.

Sitting too much and not using your butt is definitely directly linked, I've felt this myself. Now I go for an hour long walk at least once or twice a day. I feel like many people underestimate walking. You don't need to go to gyms or run for ages to help your body. Simply going for a fast-paced walk helps so much.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like I should take walks more. That would be easier than trying to get motivated to start using the bowflex again.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It is, and that's exactly why walking is awesome. I'm often too lazy to go to the pool for a swim, or the gym etc. But I love just putting on my music I like and going for a fast walk through the city. It's still exercise but it's often overlooked.