Door-To-Door Charity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidic15, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you blow them off or do you give some money?

When they come, which they do about once a month, I hate blowing them off and I just give them money I have in my pocket, even it be 5 bucks, they are happy.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I will not give to door to door charity collectors, not because I am stingy or don't care but there so many scammers who do this that I no longer trust them when they come door to door.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't think I've ever answer the door to any to be honest. I've seen them come to our house loads of times before but it just so happens my dad answers it. He gives them money if they belong to a licensed charity.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

They give me money to blow them off.

In all seriousness though, I already have a couple of charities that I give money to for personal reasons. I don't ever trust people that come door to door.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't get a whole lot of charity from door to door. I do get a lot of people trying to sell their products though.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I dont get that many charities coming to my door asking for money, but when they come to the door, I might listen to what they have to say and give them the stuff I have in my pocket at the time, but I never sign up for anything, as Night said there is just so many scams going on.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

We don't get a lot of door to door charity.

We have kids trying to sell cookies, candy bars, etc.

My parents usually buy something if its school related (both being teachers).

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's really rare that we get people that come to door to door, but if they do it's to collect money or cans of food, so I usually give them a couple of bucks and a can of non parishable food.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

They're not allowed in our building so when they manage to get in, I'm not really happy about it. I make exceptions for trick and treaters and the end-of-the-year calendar people (usually related to public services, they "sell" you their calendar).

10. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Don't get many coming to the door, we had Save the Children come by the other day and i told them we weren't interested. My mum donates to a deaf charity and the RSPCA and that's enough for her.

Charity people tend to linger around the streets in town, my mate and i have fun avoiding them by pretending to look in shop windows and stuff :lol: