• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Don't you hate it when....

Plumley

Registered Member
Wow, that is bad. Christmas hasn't hit my corner of the world yet and usually doesn't until after Thanksgiving, albeit right after. Halloween stuff has been here for a week or two and there will be lots of selection. I guess I just live in the right place because Halloween is my favorite holiday, too.

palefrost

Registered Member
The main reason you see all that christmas stuff in the stores so early, is because, this time of year the store is getting double trucks in. All the seasonal merchandise HAS to be brought to the floor to make way for the extra stock that gets shipped to each store way ahead of the holidays.

I know to the consumer it looks stupid but to the store itself (i used to be an assist. manager in wal-mart) you have to get that stuff on the floor to make way for the other merchandise that fills up the backroom this time of year.

If it stays in the the backroom there is a good chance it will get lost in the overstock. Best to have it out and in place leaving the backroom open for current stock.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Well, I got my first dose of Christmas cheer yesterday when I took 2 of the queenies malling....gag....I'm just not ready for Christmas trees being displayed yet, sadly all the Halloween stuff was already clearanced.
Hold on...let me rephrase that...
all the Halloween stuff was already clearanced...YIPPEEEE...more for me!!

Dragon

V.I.P.
I went to my local K mart and was laughing when they had Christmas stuff out. I was like wow, Christmas is only 2 months away.

The thing that I hate is when people ride their bicycle on a busy road. I almost hit one yesterday. I mean they have sidewalks for goodness sakes! Do they think their bike is a motorcycle or something?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
in most states bikes are not allowed on the sidewalk. they have to use the road and obey the rules of the road just like cars do.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, but they're so bloody slow. I hate the snots who think that their bike is faster than my truck. They never have the courtesy to move to the side and let you by, even when there's a shoulder.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
like I said *obey the rules of the road* if they are holding up traffic they need to pull over and let you by. They can get a ticket for that. It's just annoying because there is never a police officer around when you need one LOL

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
...there's a cop in that one spot you ALWAYS speed in, out in the middle of nowhere, going the opposite way. Heh, ya for reminders.

karenlyn

Registered Member
It does seem, doesn't it, that they start Christmas earlier and earlier every year. I love Christmas, but seeing Christmas decorations up at the beginning of October makes Christmas seem, well... less special. Christmas is allowed to start after Thanksgiving, but certianly not before.