Dont trust Air you cant See

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Jun 27, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Usually here in the Valley we have really poor air quality but thanks to These forest fires our Air quality has gone down horribly. Driving to work today there is only about 5 miles or 8 kilometers of vision out in any direction. Here are some links to some pics of how bad my town is.... I just took them about 5 minutes ago. I gotta run otherwise I'd shrink them down and just post them in here.

Looking down the road

Across a vacant lot

this one is probably shows the smog the best. So just bear with me if its to large of a picture

[​IMG]

In your area do you have decent air quality? How does the pollution look where you live?

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

I live in California, but I'm stuck in Canada right now. the air is nice up here, but its HUMID, man.

its highly breathable though.

3. marsupilami

marsupilami Registered Member

I live in the countryside!

Don't have any of this smog that you talk of haha

Only city I've lived in is Glasgow, which really isnt big enough for any sort of smog build up I wouldnt think. Where I stayed just smelled of hops quite often because of the near by brewary, which was great cause I loved the smell!

4. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Smog isn't a factor we see often in my town (Pop. 35,000), but it will become a problem in the future, most likely, given our growth rate. Right outside in town is a General Mills factory and it smells so heavily of cereal in that area, I love it.

5. icegoat63

The problem with our Central Valley is the fact that we are Central of two very large cities; Los Angeles and Sacramento. Basically all the smog and pollution from those towns filters into my Valley and generally just stays trapped. It gets worse in situations like the current one where a Wildfire dumps all the smoke down the hills and right into our "bowl".

Fresno has a population of around 500-750k depending on what Farming Communities you count into the mix. So even by ourselves we can build up some pretty bad pollution. It usually takes a really good rain to knock the crap out of the air, which could be a big reason why I love rain so much.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  6. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Shouldn't the thread title be "Don't trust air you *Can* see"?

7. icegoat63

Naw there was a movie a while back... I'm wanting to say "Escape from LA" or something where Snake Pliskin answered someones question by saying "I dont trust air I cant see"... lol its meant as a sarcastic title to this thread.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I think the beach wind carries what we might have off :)