• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Don't Forget Abbot & Costello

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
The most popular comedy team of radio and movies in the 40's and 50's was Abbot & Costello. When you say their name the most popular routine they did had to be Who's On First? Do you know them? Do you know this routine? Do you know any of their movies? Did you like them or not? Why?

Impaired

Registered Member
I always liked them - I preferred them to say, Jerry Lewis. I wonder how much of this was growing up when there were not very many channels and you watched what there was - I watched a lot of old movies in my youth - I didn't need much sleep and thought nothing of staying up until 2 or 3 watching these or the Mark Brothers (who I think are WAY funnier than A&C)

However, it has been noted that I am easily entertained.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Who's on First is probably the only routine I know from Abbott & Costello.

But it is a classic, no doubt about it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Loved them and I will occasionally still watch one of their movies. Africa Screams was a good one.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Without a doubt I love Abbott & Costello because it bring happy memories of being with my Dad. I certainly miss those moments and of course wish I can have more. I at one point probably watched all their movies and loved each and everyone. They were without a doubt was a very good comedy team.

28379840_173602853420860_4919502957937611686_n.jpg

CubsMascot

Registered Member
The most popular comedy team of radio and movies in the 40's and 50's was Abbot & Costello. When you say their name the most popular routine they did had to be Who's On First? Do you know them? Do you know this routine? Do you know any of their movies? Did you like them or not? Why?
Thanks Muse for posting this routine.. without a doubt that's my favorite because it makes me remember my Dad's smile.

Sian

Registered Member
Who's on First is a classic :) . Husband and I both love it! They do another one about paying the rent and confuse their landlord (and me) that's funny too. I like a lot of the old stuff like this, old movies too, like Casablanca :) . My dad and I used to stay up late and watch old war movies; since he had been in the Navy he liked movies about that.