• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Don't Cry

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I have songs in my head. And for something to do, I'm gonna pose a thread based on the title of the songs I've opted to listen to for as long as I can stand.

For Don't Cry, I present this question:

Do you cry a lot?
Are you emotional, or constantly bombarded with heart-rending news, or something that means you cry a lot.

Do films make you cry?
What makes you cry?
Are you a crier?
When did you last ball your eyes out?
etc etc.

I heartily recommend the others - they know who they are - make threads of this nature :D

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Do you cry a lot?
I do cry, but I'm not like people who start crying for no apparent reason. Seriously, I know people that will start crying at the sight of a rainbow or puppy.

Are you emotional, or constantly bombarded with heart-rending news, or something that means you cry a lot.
I would say that I am emotional to some degree, but not super emotional. I hate saying good bye to people, so I ALWAYS cry when I go see someone off at the airport.

Do films make you cry?
Only a few... namely Bambi and Philadelphia.

What makes you cry?
- Stress in large quantities (I crack easily under pressure)
- Animal abuse
- One sided crushes (The frustration really gets to me)
- Cutting onions

Are you a crier?
I think answer #1 should apply here as well.

Not sure if I should share, but I cried a lot after my dad died. I mean I didn't cry when he died or at his funeral either. Everything happened so fast that I didn't know how to react. It wasn't till like a week later that the reality finally settled in and I realized he was gone forever.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Do you cry a lot?
I've never been an emotional person but as I get older I can understand it more. Never used to be able to wrap my head around people who cry a lot, whether it's directed at something specific or not. Now I understand it, but still no, very rarely cry.

Do films make you cry?
Never cried at a film, no.

What makes you cry?

Nothing really, I think it comes with the whole bottling emotions thing. I know it's not meant to be good for you but crying isn't an outlet that helps me personally.

eek, I honestly don't know. Probably a couple years ago.
(In fact, I just did a search here on crying because I know we've had this thread before, and I'm sure the last time I cried was what I mentioned in the thread from 2+ years ago haha)

viLky

ykLiv
Define cry. Full out blubbering, or tearing up to light misty?

Do you cry a lot?
Nope. Rarely. I might tear up once a year I'm guessin'.

Do films make you cry?
Sure. I remember watching Homeward Bound and cried lightly. Those poor animals. ='(

What makes you cry?
Music, people dying and movies/tv.

I don't remember the date, but I do remember it was because I was listening to a sad score and thinking about stuff. More a teary eye cry rather than what you're probably thinking. ^.^

Full on blubbering when my grandma passed away. That was... um, I'll say 10 or so years ago when I was 16.

I was watching an AP video a week ago and they were doing a piece seeing if people are turned off when people cry..., and of course, yes, they are. I don't know why they bothered with it, it only seems like the correct answer to NOT get a stiffy when you see somebody cry.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Do u cry a lot?
No way. I'm not very drama cause there's always a way to fix things.

Do u cry about films?
Only if they really suck & only if I have a water balloon. :lol:

What makes you cry?
Getting kicked half way between my knees and my chest. I def dont like those getting damaged!

When was the last time?
When I was a dumb little kid. But I def didn't cry about everything. The last time was prolly when I fell out of a tree and fractured my arm.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm not emotional but I can get sentimental and can cry at times. As far as movies, Field of Dreams will make me cry, as will movies like The Natural or Bang the Drum Slowly.

Probably the last time I cried hard was when my grandmother died a year and a half ago. Sometimes just thinking about her will put a lump in my throat. Oh and when my dog died last summer. That made me cry as well.

Impact

V.I.P.
Do you cry a lot?
Not very often, no. Up until recently I hadn't cried in a good couple of years.

Not really. Even deaths within my family haven't made me cry in the past :shifteyes:

Do films make you cry?
No. Right now i'm having a hard time remembering if i've ever actually cried at a film

What makes you cry?
The big one: Males
Sometimes the death of close friends / family
Depression / Anxiety / Stress

Are you a crier?
See question 1 and 2

Fairly recently, actually. My depression topped with stress not having a job, my grandpa and a friend dying and not having anyone to lean on really got on top of me.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Good god, I cry all the damn time. I cried this morning when I read an email that my sister forwarded to me that her fiance sent to her (he's a hell of a guy). I cried the other day when I was listening to Ray LaMontagne (don't ask me why that made me cry, I was just feeling blue). I cry when I read certain books (particularly those by Amy Tan and Barbara Kingsolver), I always cry at the end of The Shawshank Redemption, during the La Marseilles scene in Casablanca, and at the end of Fried Green Tomatoes always without fail. I cried at that news story about the dead baby dolphins washing up on shore in Louisiana because of the oil spill. And of course I cry at funerals.

One thing that never makes me cry, though, is the end of Field of Dreams. I think that's strictly a guy thing :hmm:

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
Do you cry a lot? Not as much as I used to. I pretty much hold shit in until I get drunk and it all comes out. Still, sometimes I'll have a good cry. It's usually brought out by a wedding scene, a new baby, or something like that in a film when I'm sober.
Are you emotional, or constantly bombarded with heart-rending news, or something that means you cry a lot. I can be emotional. Generally, it just the shit that's built up in my head along with stress.

Do films make you cry? Some do. Make me watch "Brokeback Mountain" and I will cry like a little girl.
What makes you cry? Either films or too much of an emotional buildup or both.
Are you a crier? I do cry on occasion, yes. Hasn't this been covered.
When did you last ball your eyes out? I believe it was Monday. It built up and I got to thinking about my past and childhood, and I turned into a blubbering mess. So yeah, I'm not one of these machismo assholes that says men shouldn't cry.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I just wanted to add that I def agree with Slowburn. Everybody has tear ducts, guyz and girls. I have friends (guyz) that cry sometimes and that's totally cool with me. I mean, I'm not very drama but that def doesn't mean I couldn't cry.