• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Don't ask don't tell

Don't ask don't tell

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Look at the poll options before answering the question. Please be honest while answering this question. Don't be afraid to upset someone, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Raos

Registered Member
I think it is absolutely insane that it is still in effect. It should have been repealed long ago. It never should have been in effect in the first place.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm not sure what this is about. Do you have any link to associate with?

Raos

Registered Member
Don't Ask Don't Tell is a policy in the US Military regarding homosexuals. The policy is that the military can not ask you about your sexual preference and you do not have to say anything about your sexual preference. If you disclose that you are gay though then you are dishonorably discharged.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I don't see what the big deal about homosexuals in the military is all about.

"Oh man! That guy is GAY?!! AND HE'S THE ONE THAT'S GOING TO BE PROTECTING MY BACK IN TEH FOX HOLES?!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

I can completely understand that there's certain issues that you should be forced to tell. Like, if you're a convicted felon, a drug abuser, rapist, etc. But there's really nothing to worry about with homosexuals. Contrary to some popular belief that the military has, gays aren't all sex crazed lunatics that just want to rape you in the ass.

Actually, I'd expect to see that more out of straight guys that have been pumping roids.
------
Oh, and this issue confuses me. I'm all for keeping Don't Ask, Don't Tell. It's none of anyones business who you want to sleep with. Military or otherwise.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
This policy is completely ridiculous. I don't see anything wrong with asking and replying. If you're asked and don't want to give reply, is still fine.
Getting discharged is completely out of line.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think its working out exactly as these matters should. The military has been studying the effects of repealing it and once that's in lawmakers can make an informed decision. I fully expect the military to recommend repealing it, but I fully support letting the decision rest on the armed services.

Hiei

The Hierophant
Ok, this is what's confusing me. I always thought that before DA,DT you weren't allowed to serve in the military as a homosexual. DA,DT allowed homosexuals to be in the military but they aren't allowed to talk about it. So, repealing DA,DT would take it back to no gays in the military, right?

Raos

Registered Member
No, repealing DADT will allow gays to serve and be open about their sexuality.

Hiei

The Hierophant
Oh, well then I change my answer to that.
------
But I still don't see what it's anyones business anyway. Whether you're gay or straight, how is that going to determine how good of a soldier you are?

Last edited: