Donating Blood?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you guys ever donated blood before? If so how many times have you done it? Where you scared the first time? Do needles bother you? I've never gave blood before, but during the last month or so I've been thinking about doing it. I don't know if I'll take the next step and actually do it, but I really want to. I'm not afraid of needles either.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have given it twice. They encourage me to keep coming back, but it's not easy for them to get blood from me, and I normally get stuck multiple times. If I give blood, I need the person drawing it to be phenomenal, and that's hardly ever the case. My veins are not easy to get to, and they are at odd angles, apparently. The few times I have been to the hospital, they had to put an IV in my hand because they couldn't get it out of my arm.

They have blood drives here at work. I've been thinking about going to the next one, but I always get worried that I'll get a nurse who isn't that good.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've donated too many times to count, although I haven't done it in ages. I feel pretty guilty about that since I'm O+ (universal donor) and there is a huge shortage, but I can't seem to find the time to do it.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I wish I could give blood, but I can't (I'm on prescription meds). I don't like needles, though, so maybe it's for the best. Haha.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've donated too many times to count, although I haven't done it in ages. I feel pretty guilty about that since I'm O+ (universal donor) and there is a huge shortage, but I can't seem to find the time to do it.
Hey, we're the same blood type. Also, that's why I feel guilty about not going.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I don't know my blood type.
And no, I haven't. I haven't been of age to do it for very long. Plus I would have no idea where to do it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't know my blood type.
And no, I haven't. I haven't been of age to do it for very long. Plus I would have no idea where to do it.
The Red Cross. You should be able to find your local chapter pretty easily. They also have blood drives in various locations throughout the community here, I would imagine that's the case everywhere.

I've never donated blood before, and I have no idea what my type is. I've had it taken lots and lots of times for blood tests and the needle doesn't bother me at all. I don't know if I'd be able to give blood though, because I'm on prescription meds.

Also, like AK said, they find it really hard to get blood from me, usually when I go in for tests they end up having to use a syringe on my hand after giving up with both arms. It works eventually, so that's not the reason I haven't donated.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know my blood type, but I know I have a deathly fear of needles, it's what stops me from doing it. I'd love to help, but I have come close to panic attack status when it comes to needles. I just can't handle them and I honestly don't know why.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tried to give blood once but as I was lying there and the procedure almost concluded, I started to pass out and they had to stop drawing from me. They had to carry my limp ass to the side and force me to eat so I could regain my strength. I think I was like 17, in high school.

Wuss, I know.

But yeah, that freaked me out to say the least and I haven't gone back since.