• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Donald Trump running for President

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
NBC cut ties with Trump today over his comments about Mexican immigrants. They will no longer be airing his Miss USA pageant, and I assume he won't be on The Apprentice anymore, but I'm not sure who owns the rights to that.

And now for the internet comment of the day...

Not sure what it has to do with free speech, but ok. Haha

I really hope Trump ends up being a serious contender for the Republican nomination. Hell, I wouldn't even mind him winning it. There's just too much potential entertainment to be had.

As of right now he's polling 2nd among Republican candidates behind Jeb.
I hope this is the last time The Donald uses a presidential campaign as a publicity stunt. He finally stepped in it and it's costing him money.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trump seems to be gaining ground. Why I don't know, I hope its short term, would hate to see him be president. Still I would like to see him stir things up. Politicians are too comfortable with their life time careers expecting us to swallow everything they say. Its getting where that is all it is for them, a career. Most have been up there for so long they don't have any idea what its like to live in the real world or with the things they do.

I'm seriously thinking of voting for Bernie Sanders.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a hard time thinking of any of Clinton's accomplishments, and I see her as exactly what the Left complains about, a greedy 1% er who looks out for her own skin and to hell with everyone else and who flipped flopped on gay marriage just recently for political expediency. There is free speech in this country, and there are also consequences for that speech.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Can't stand the man but I gotta give Trump one thing he doesn't mince words, he says what he thinks. I can see him telling the UN to shove it when they try to tell us what we should be doing in our own country. Probably would build a wall across our borders. Frankly I think that would be a good idea.

I'm not defending what Trump said about the illegal immigrants but I'm not sure Mexico is our friend. They did nothing to stop all those kids and others from passing through Mexico to get here last summer. As long as they told the authorities they were coming here they let them pass on through. They are only stopping them now at their southern border because we had a fit about it and probably gave them money to do it.

Personally I think Bernie Sanders would make a good president. At least right now I do. I really don't want Clinton or Bush. I guess I would vote for anyone other than them two.

Wouldn't be surprised if he sued NBC.
I can't stand Trump either. But there is something appealing about his braggadocio. Its seriously the last think we need in a leader. Plus the dude has horrible policy ideas. After a candidate announces they have a set amount of time to turn over their financial statements. I think its 30 days. I question if Trump will do that and think he might drop out before the deadline hits.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I have a hard time thinking of any of Clinton's accomplishments, and I see her as exactly what the Left complains about, a greedy 1% er who looks out for her own skin and to hell with everyone else and who flipped flopped on gay marriage just recently for political expediency. There is free speech in this country, and there are also consequences for that speech.
She's hilarious with the gay marriage. In the debate she said let me tell you, traditional marriage is a bedrock principle and foundation of society. Then as soon as it flipped to 50% she started with these religious people have to change. So phony.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't stand Trump either. But there is something appealing about his braggadocio. Its seriously the last think we need in a leader. Plus the dude has horrible policy ideas. After a candidate announces they have a set amount of time to turn over their financial statements. I think its 30 days. I question if Trump will do that and think he might drop out before the deadline hits.
On the news this evening they said people were referring to him as the anti-politician. I think that is why he is getting the support he is, people are tired of the career politicians.

I'm thinking he is only running to stir things up. He will probably drop out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When white extremist David Dukes ran for governor of Louisiana he wasn’t treated with this kind of outrage, vitriol and disrespect. When a known fraud, scam artist and tax cheat like Al Sharpton ran for president, I never saw anything remotely close to this. The over-the-top reaction to Trump by politicians of both parties, the media and the biggest corporations of America has been so swift and insanely angry that it suggests they are all threatened and frightened like never before.
http://www.theblaze.com/contributio...ill-do-and-say-anything-to-stop-donald-trump/

I bet Trump does scare the other politicians, on both sides, some could end up in jail if the truth was known about them. If Trump did become president their dirty laundry might get aired because he has no one to threaten to withhold donations like the others do. He is beholding to no special interest group. That's his appeal.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
In regards to the media circus surrounding Trump's candidacy in comparison to others, it's because he's a celebrity, and a very divisive one at that. People either love him or hate him. I doubt most people even know who David Duke is. And I highly doubt anyone feels threatened by Trump. I think it's more so that people don't take him seriously, much like Sarah Palin. His candidacy is a joke.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know about that, he's got some of the other GOP candidates talking about limiting even legal immigration. Right now we allow 1 million legal immigrants a year. Most are unskilled and we don't have the jobs for them and the people that are already here. I have a feeling unemployment among the unskilled is higher than the national average. Doubt they would be talking about that if not for Trump.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/06/us-usa-election-immigration-idUSKCN0PG0AS20150706

If there is a need to limit legal immigration we for sure should do something about illegal immigration. Don't like punishing people that obey our laws and try to do it right.