• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Donald Trump For President?

Dabs

Registered Member
Donald Trump was on a live interview on a television show last night.
He openly said he was seriously thinking about running for the Presidential election in 2012.
He also said he didn't like some of the things Obama has done...he thinks our country is in bad shape..and he had many things to say about how he disliked the way things are with the oil situation.
After saying that, he expressed that he feels he knows a few more things and he can get our country on the right track.
And he told the viewers, that while right now in his life, he is happy just being who he is....but he is thinking more and more about the President seat.
So..what does everyone think about Trump for President??
Do you think he could pull it off??
And do you think he has the knowledge to become a good President??

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It would be pretty hard for anybody to hold a candle to his financial experience. He certainly knows what he's doing there and from what I've heard from him on recent interviews he definitely has some good ideas to fix our economy.

He'd be somewhat of a middle of the road candidate so he could appeal well to independents. I would consider voting for him. I've read some of his books and am a big fan of him in general. I think there will plenty of choices this time around though so in the end I'll vote for the candidate most likely to win in order to avoid wasting my vote. He will be running as an independent, which means he won't necessarily have the backing of a major party.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
I think Donald Trump would make a good candidate, I hope he goes for it.
You are right, Hybrix, he certainly knows his finances...so maybe with that knowledge, he could get our country back in good standings.
I had heard something about this many months ago, but it was played off as rumor.
But last night, I heard him say it myself...yes, he is thinking about it, seriously.
It would definitely make for an interesting race, depending on who else he was up against~

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm glad to know he's still thinking about it. We had a thread about this a few months ago and I remember him saying he probably would rule against it. I agree with Hybrix that he would get broad appeal from independents. After 12 years of having divisive presidents, I think America will be ready for a unifier and that will be Trumps biggest strength.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It would be pretty hard for anybody to hold a candle to his financial experience. He certainly knows what he's doing there and from what I've heard from him on recent interviews he definitely has some good ideas to fix our economy.

He'd be somewhat of a middle of the road candidate so he could appeal well to independents. I would consider voting for him. I've read some of his books and am a big fan of him in general. I think there will plenty of choices this time around though so in the end I'll vote for the candidate most likely to win in order to avoid wasting my vote. He will be running as an independent, which means he won't necessarily have the backing of a major party.
Pretty much what Hybrix said...he would definetly have great ideas to bring our enconomy back into shape, but what I fear is that alot of people will not take him seriously. Main reason is for his silly tv shows like The Apprentince (which I like) and the that stupid show that he has on the golf channel. I can already hear people saying "If he steps into office, he will turn this country into the largest 18 hole course in the world." Lol! But I would vote for him if Palin doesn't run.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Even with all of the business experience that he has, some of his companies have had to file for bankruptcy and he's had huge personal debt before (hundreds of millions). That said, you can't really argue that he's been a successful businessman. But there's a lot more to being the president than just financial matters.

I do not think Trump is a very likable person. He comes across as greedy and arrogant and lives an extremely extravagant lifestyle. He's been divorced twice. And people say that Obama and Palin have too big of a celebrity status? Trump puts them to shame in that regard.

Successful businessman. There are better candidates for president.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I do not think Trump is a very likable person. He comes across as greedy and arrogant and lives an extremely extravagant lifestyle. He's been divorced twice. And people say that Obama and Palin have too big of a celebrity status? Trump puts them to shame in that regard.
That's interesting that you'd say that. I find Trump very likable even with all of his faults. Yes, there are many. I did a quick search for Trump's approval ratings and I'm not sure if anyone's gone that far yet. I'd like to hear other people's opinion on the Donald. I have no clue what the general consensus on him is.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Another thing is that he has absolutely no political experience. That doesn't bother anyone? It did with Obama and Palin, and they actually had some.

Dabs

Registered Member
Another thing is that he has absolutely no political experience. That doesn't bother anyone? It did with Obama and Palin, and they actually had some.

True, he hasn't ran for, and held any political office, but who's to say he doesn't know a few more things than we all think he knows??
I have no clue whether Trump stands a chance or President or not...but I do like him, as person, I see nothing about him to make me hate him, and if he was to run for office, I think it would be interesting when it came time for speeches, campaigns and etc.