• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Donald Sterling's Comments

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm shocked by this. I'm happy that the NBA is doing this, I'm just amazed they had the balls to do this.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Adam Silver is now the best commissioner in the major 4 sports

Good job by him

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Great move by Silver. Sterling's racist views had no place in the NBA.

Sabby

I think the verdict is fantastic buh bye you jackass....now and perhaps this starts a new thread. Sterling is banned for life, so is Pete Rose, is he in the same category and if not, should he be reinstated?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but what Pete Rose did isn't ban worthy unless he was betting against his team and throwing games. Otherwise, I have no problem with him betting on baseball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just thinking outside the box here...Could Sterling just sell the team for $1 to his kids?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
You're a little crazy if you think this is over...

...also they can not force him to sell. So he can do whatever he wants outside of the ban.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
You're a little crazy if you think this is over...

...also they can not force him to sell. So he can do whatever he wants outside of the ban.
There's apparently a rule in the NBA constitution that if owners fork up 50 million dollars, and more than 75% vote him out he's forced to sell his team.

It's a great decision by Adam Silver but lets not crown him as a god. 1) It was his first big move as commish so he needed to make an impact. 2) 2.5 million is pocket change for Sterling. 3) The man is 80 years old, a lifeban isn't all that long for someone his age.

Another beauty Jays fan :roll: was like "“@AHume92: Why, yes, Let's reward a racist by forcing him to sell his most valuable property and collect millions of dollars.”

Are you a moron?!? He makes millions owning the team every year, and why would you want a racist to keep the team? And we're the dumb ones :roll:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@ABC7: Donald Sterling agrees to $2B sale of Clippers, will drop lawsuit. NBA to drop charges and won't sue, according to Sterling attorney.”