• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Donald Sterling's Comments

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
NBA needs to force him out or the Clippers will never get another African American free agent. Seriously, what self respecting African American would work for him now?

smh122

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
NBA needs to force him out or the Clippers will never get another African American free agent. Seriously, what self respecting African American would work for him now?
The ones who worked for him before...

Seriously, any NBA player who has been in the league 3+ years and just NOW having 2nd thoughts about Sterling are either showing their ignorance or simply showing fake outrage to appease the public..

Crypticshock

Registered Member
This is all hilarious. The situation around it all. It's just fucking hilarious. I don't mean his comments... they are stupid.

This guy has a history of discrimination. Who wouldn't rent out places to Blacks or Hispanics because they smell or sit around all day and drink. He did some shady things to evict black/hispanic people already in rooms. He would get his people to decline rent, then kick them out for not paying rent. He went to court over it and settling out of court for over 2 million. None of this seemed to bother anyone. It was all swept under a rug?

Players knew his discrimination. It was not a secret but they never spoke out? One of his management team suggested one year that they should get a black coach and he said he'd rather a Southern white man to coach a bunch of poor black players... I mean, come on. Alarm bells didn't go off then? How did no one speak up then? How come the minorities kept signing with his team? Oh... that's right, the Clippers were winning games. Winning in sports hold a higher priority than racism, it seems.

People only got up in arms when TMZ released an audio tape of a conversation he had. So now the NBA has to react. They have no other choice. This is something they can not sweep under the rug.

An 82 year old man, dating a 21 year old half black-half hispanic girl went on a racial tirade because she posted a picture on instagram of her with Magic Johnson at a Clippers game? ...and he went on saying he doesn't want minorities in his arena... what about his bedroom?

He will be kicked out of the league simply because Barrack Obama spoke out over it AND I believe the NFL kicked one of their owners out of their league for racial discrimination.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the punishment will be worse with Silver than it would have been if Stern was still around. He knows all eyes are on him for this one and he can't afford to look weak.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
First they have to have evidence that the tape is not doctored. Chances are, the ex-girlfriend might not agree to an interview with the NBA because of an ongoing lawsuit she has with Sterling. NBA has no right or law that allows them to subpoena her. Then they have to make sure it is Sterling's voice... unless he is a complete idiot and admits to it.

They can not force him to sell the team... unless they want to make him even richer.

They can fine and suspend him. A 1-5 million $ fine and 1-2 year suspension...

The Clippers during warm up took their warmup jerseys off and left them at centre court.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
If it's proven that this is Sterling on the tape and it's not altered, somehow some way he needs to be forced out as owner. Or and I'll just throw this out there, how about the players throw the rest of the series, maybe the fans could stay away too, really hurt his pockets, which are some deep ones given his wealth

willge87

Registered Member
Does the NBA have an avenue for revoking ownership of a franchise? If they do, then they should seriously consider exercising that option. The man and his team has been an embarrassment to the NBA for years and now he comes out and makes these comments.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
TMZ says Sterling called the young lady to see about making all this go away.

TMZ also says Sterling knew the recordings were made, wanted them made, and that she has 100 hours worth.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just banned for life. Good for Silver.

$2.5 million fine going to "anti-discrimination" organizations.

Also going to do everything in his power to force a sale of the team.