Movies Don Cheadle Replacing Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vegito728, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: Don Cheadle Replacing Terrence Howard as Rhodey in Iron Man 2! « FirstShowing.net

This sucks. I really liked Howard in Iron Man. Cheadle is a very good actor, but honestly, I can't see him being anywhere near as good as Howard was in the role.

The role just doesn't suit Cheadle. I know he has done some serious roles but I can't help but see him in comedies.

Anyways. What do you all think of this? Will Don Cheadle be able to fill Terrence Howard's shoes and eventually lead a War Machine spin-off?

2. sherwood

sherwood Registered Member

I dont think he will be able to fill the role as howard did. to be honest I can't imagine anyone else playing the role in ironman 2 as he played it so well. I just hope the sequel doesn't suck because of this..

3. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Interesting article. Everything else I've read said Howard was fired and didn't even know until he read it like the rest of us. I'm not sure how Cheadle will do, but I hope he's good enough for the role.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I wasn't really that impressed with Terrence Howard. His acting was pretty generic and straight forward. I doubt Cheadle will have a difficult time taking over the role.

That being said, I hate it when movies like this switch actors. How many times does this have to happen before somebody will realize a 3 movie contract should be standard?

Seriously say what you want about Spiderman and X-Men but at least they were able to keep the continuity of having the same faces in all three movies.

:duh:

5. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Yes, that really does make it harder to suspend disbelief.

Unfortunately, the X-Men franchise is about to jump on this bandwagon, too. :/ They're replacing Sabretooth's actor in the upcoming Wolverine movie. I suppose it is not such a big deal since the character hasn't appeared since the first movie, but still...

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly I didn't feel there was much character development at all in the first X-Men movie. Replacing characters that were ONLY in that movie isn't a big deal to me. I liked #1 the least out of the three.

Replacing a main character in what will probably be a trilogy is just annoying. They should have stuck with the original actors. I do not approve of this decision for the same reason I didn't like it when TDK did the same thing.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Gonna bump this with some New Cheadle news!

All I have to say is... War Machine

[​IMG]

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just jizzed in my pants a little.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Dude me to, I almost made a new thread but figured this one would do.

IM2 comes out on my Fiance's birthday.... hahahahaha she's getting 2 movie tickets to see it whether she likes it or not :hah: I'll just use the excuse "I saw new moon twice for you so far!" hahahah.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Terrence Howard>>>>Don Cheadle. This news still bothers me, even though it is old. Haha. I'll still go see the movie though.