Dominating Sex

T

thecleanfreak

Who do you think is the more important sex? Male or female?

I don't see any other reason for this question apart from creating devision .. We are different not better or worse .. IMO .. variety is the spice of life if we were the same it would be boring .. surely we can cope with being different without having to presume dominance to compensate for the awkward uncertainty/mystery that results from our differences ?

A

Alun

Who do you think is the more important sex? Male or female?
I think your question hinges on an idea of importance. If it's more important that the human race be able to quickly reproduce under primitive circumstances, then we'd only need a handful of males but a lot of females. If it's more important that the human race be able to fight under primitive circumstances, then males are more important. If math and natural sciences are more important, then, statistically, males are more likely to be important. If relating to people and understanding language are more important, then, statistically, females are more likely to be important. The list goes on. What is important?

Overall, I think it's clear that both sexes are important to a degree that there is no reason to try and find the more valuable one; brain structure and biologoical roles are different, each with a tendency to different advantages and weaknesses, so that both sexes are obviously necessary.

did anyone else think this thread was going to be about S&M?
ya me too .. o well :p

I don't understand how come people need to feel like one gender is superior .. or more important .. more valuable .. its nonsense .. we are two parts of the same species FFS .. if you get a community where there are a majority of males or females ..what happens .. yup you guessed it people start acting like the other gender to balance things out .. its nature people .. why bitch ?

tipsycatlover

Registered Member
In the animal kingdom when there are too many males v. females, in a pack, pride or herd, the males will fight to the death for the right to mount the females. The cowardly wolf, lion, sheep, goat, bull or horse leaves and becomes a rogue, lone, male. If there are too many females, the girls will drive out the weakest females. Normally they die. Nature does not cause animals to act like the other gender to balance things out. Nature kills the weak and leaves the strong to survive.

There are animals that will assume certain characteristics of the other gender but scientists have no way of knowing why this is. In seahorses, the female lays eggs in a pouch in the male's abdomen. The female then goes on about her business leaving the male to gestate and birth the baby seahorses and care for the young alone. This does not make the male seahorse a female no matter how big his pregnant belly is.

Nature does not "balance out" by an animal assuming the sexuality of either a male OR female animal. The excess is killed off, either by direct combat or by not allowing the weak to eat, even what they themselves killed. The only case where this happens are in those animals that are already hermophradic.