Domain names

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by wolvergambit, Apr 23, 2005.

1. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Not sure if I'm listing this in the correct spot or not, so yell at me if I'm not.
    I wanted to know how one goes about setting up a website or domain for your auction. I haven't got a clue, so any info given would be appreciated

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There are many paces, such as:

www.registerfly.com
    www.namecheap.com
    www.000domains.com
    www.networksolutions.com
    www.enom.com
    www.register.com
    www.godaddy.com

They are all different prices and features, but if you want to go cheap, go registerfly. They are about $10 per domian per year, and have decent features. I have heard some bad things about them but personally haven't had problems.

Of course the domain is just half of what you need. You also need hosting, which shouldn't be more than $10.00 per month.

PM me if you want to work something out. I run a web hosting company among other things. :)

--------

Interesting. After mentioning those links, the google ad on this page turned into godaddy link that said $3.99 domains for a limited time. That might be worth looking into. I'm sure there is a catch, but $3.99 sounds good up front.. :D

3. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

the sites have options on them where they will transfer the domain for you...i think the buyer just needs to know the information...i'm pretty sure its simple and either someone else on here can help you or the site itself will...There are other sites that offer cheaper prices than that for transfer....it was 7 something on www.godaddy.com yesterday when I was looking

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I was thinking about selling holycheeto.com on ebay because I don't plan on making a site for it. I'm afraid if I sell it on ebay, that I might get sued by cheetos or something. Anyone have any thoughts?

5. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

you could claim that its your own personal slang word for "cheetah"....just a crazy thought