• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dollar Shave Club

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
is dollar shave club any good and safe to use?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've heard good things about it. The only problem that one friend of mine from work had is that they send way too many razors. However, if you do a smaller plan than you think you'll need you should be just fine. I think I'd save money on it as I use a razor not only to shave the stubble around my beard but also my head as well. I've just been leery to add yet another monthly subscription bill to my budget.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
@Rontzeeez -- I just signed up (Finally). I've gotten so sick of overpaying for razors at the store, and really think this is a good solution. As I mentioned, a buddy at work had recommended it - I polled my Facebook friends today as well, and heard only good things. I signed up for "The Executive" - which seems to be the best razor of the bunch. I included Dr. Carver's Shave Butter and Dr. Carver's aftershave as well since my first month's razors are free. To save money, I'm probably going to end up changing to a shipment every other month because I really make my blades last. Apparently it's really easy to modify your subscription.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I did the executive for a month and switched to the mid razor. 6 blades is too much and I find 4 blades is actually easier to use for me. And is cheaper, so +.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I joined a couple of years ago. I signed up for the Executive. Pretty good blades at a decent price delivered to your door. I usually use Gillette, they are a little better but much more expensive. However, I came across this:

A blade typically lasts about a week for me, so getting 4 blades from DSC worked out well. They would last a month. Cheaper than Gillette. I started doing this, rubbing them on denim, and they last about 5-6 weeks now. I have a thick beard, and I shave every day. I now buy a 4 pack of Gillette's for about $18, and it lasts me about 5 months. So I cancelled DSC. Not because they weren't good, but because I Gillette's are a little better and I can make them last longer.

Impaired

Registered Member
I was not happy with the quality. I bought a Harry's razor. The blades last me at least a month and I shave my head. Excellent quality blades.