• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dogs have bigger brains than cats!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.

The constant battle of dogs vs. cats continues!
It has been found that dogs have larger brains than cats since they are more sociable creatures. According to a study from Oxford University, highly social species of mammals need more brain power than solitary animals.
It found that the brains of monkeys grew the most over time, followed by horses, dolphins, camels and dogs. The brains of the more solitary mammals, such as cats, deer and rhino, grew much more slowly during the same period.
According to the study done, it may be that the cooperation needed for group living can be challenging and over time some mammals have evolved larger brains to be able to socialize better.

Source: Dogs Have Bigger Brains Than Cats! | TeddyHilton.com

Hiei

The Hierophant
Dogs. Clearly the superior pet and companion!

I think that's fairly obvious that dogs have a larger brain than cats, anyway. Have you ever heard of anyone that's ever been able to teach a cat to do anything? :lol:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Dogs. Clearly the superior pet and companion!
:thumbsup:

I think that's fairly obvious that dogs have a larger brain than cats, anyway. Have you ever heard of anyone that's ever been able to teach a cat to do anything? :lol:
lol
Well if cats want to and are smart, they learn a lot of things.

But dogs are smarter, anyway.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I think Cats excel at cleverness more so than dogs, but yes, I agree dogs are far smarter than cats.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Cats don't learn because they don't want to. They learn what matters - the sound of the can opener.

My cat is actually pretty smart, she's very good at letting me know when her food and water bowls are empty. My other cat, however, is kind of an idiot. She falls down a lot.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Cats do not have a long term memory. Case and point was when I saved the cat that my parents now own. I found the cat in the back of my work behind the dumpster, sick and cold. I took it to my parents so they could care for it. Everytime I go over there the cat is afraid of me and won't let me pet her.

When I was a kid my dad saved a dog and when we gave the dog back to it's owner, the dog would typically hop the owners fence just to visit us. So therefore dogs are smarter in my opinion. Now cats are alot more clever though.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Movies & TV 0
Sophia Pets 2
hepismis Pets 4
thealigator Pets 2
Hilander Pets 2