• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dog waits for owner 5 months after owner dies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate reading things like this because it breaks my heart. I believe it when he says that he's waiting for his owner to come home. My dogs do the same thing, they know usually at what time I got/get home.

PS: How does that prove that cats are smarter than dogs? I see no point of even mentioning it.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Awwww that's so sad. Poor puppy dog :(

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's terrible. As awkward and morbid as it would be, I believe dogs should see the body of their master if they die so they can have closure. I don't have proof of this theory, but I believe dogs are smart enough to understand death when it is presented to them. I think it would be odd to do that but the alternative is for the dog to have no clue that their master isn't ever coming home.

My dogs do this too. One in particular will wait for hours by the door just staring at it.

BigBob

Registered Member
That is sad, and even though I haven't had a dog in a long time, my cat that passed away use to do the same thing. Every day and night that you'd walk in, he'd be right at the door meowing.. sitting in the same window watching until someone got home.

Dabs

Registered Member
Very sad.....dogs are a loyal pet.
They are man's best friend.....no matter if someone beats or hits a dog, neglects it or doesn't feed it enough.....it will still come to it's owner when called~
This story made me cry~

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Just like someone commented on the site, this reminds me of a movie where the dog waits 9 years, by the road for the owner to come home...
I haven't watched this movie but I've been told about it and I've cried when I first heard about it.

It's very very touchy....

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Now that's unconditional love. I think pets like dogs have the capability to understand death too, especially when I hear many cases of dogs running away when they know they're about to die.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
That's terrible. As awkward and morbid as it would be, I believe dogs should see the body of their master if they die so they can have closure. I don't have proof of this theory, but I believe dogs are smart enough to understand death when it is presented to them. I think it would be odd to do that but the alternative is for the dog to have no clue that their master isn't ever coming home.

My dogs do this too. One in particular will wait for hours by the door just staring at it.
I know that with my dog I had to put my dog in my next door neighbors backyard everynight before we put up the fence for our condo. And everymorning he would hop the neighbors fence and wait for me in front of my gargage. Dogs are very loyal, and this story was very sad. :cry:

I agree with Hybrix, dogs are smart, and they have feelings for there master. If a dog saw their master going six feet under, I honestly believe the dog will know and move on and look for a new master.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

That's a good idea and I've never considered it. I saw on a nature show that elephants have 'funerals' for their dead. Dogs may need something similar to get past the loss.