• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Doesn't this ad insult women, homosexuals and transsexuals?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
:lol: That's pretty funny xD

It's not insulting anyone, it's just a joke.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I fail how to see how that is insulting. I think its rather funny. And who cares if its insulting? Sure it may be rude but people should quit being so damn sensitive.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Well I find it funny as well, but I can see many groups popping up and criticizing that ad. When they had a problem with a Hallmarks greeting card saying "Black Hole", this will blast.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I don't think the homosexual/transsexual groups will have a problem with it, they're pretty laid back people.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
No, not at all; I think it's kind of funny. :)

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
That's a stereotypical South Indian accent, but no one will take offense. Chris Crocker would kill them though.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't find it insulting in the least, really! I can't speak for other stereotypes than myself, woman, but I am not offended at all.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
No.....not really! It's actually kinda funny.....

Gavik

Registered Member
No so much overtly insulting as it is troubling in a long line of such ads.

It's funny and the ad itself is harmless. But the idea of marketing things to different things to different genders is. "Yo bro, don't buy the pink bottle of that, if you do, you're a fag! But the same thing in a gray bottle instead."

This is pretty much the party line for all sorts of cosmetic/hygiene products that do the same thing for both genders. Companies trying to sell you things you don't need bu exploiting sexual insecurities. "Am I gay if I buy a pink bottle of shampoo? If I care about my skin?" Obviously not, but many large corporations would like you to think otherwise.

So on an individual level, the ad isn't really controversial, but it is part of a larger, archaic trend in advertising to divide among gender lines to sell more things. Bottom line: Buy the stuff in the pink bottle if it's cheaper. Your dick won't rot off.