• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does Z mean anything

Malificus

Likes snow
I always thought the Z was just to give the readers some relief by breaking up the series, no real significance at all, just like Saiyuki/Reload/Gunlock. One big series, broken up purely for convenience.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Basically it was just to seperate DB from the rest, for some reason.

Malificus

Likes snow
At the most the difference might be that DB is Goku's story, DBZ is more of Gohan's story (Except for the Buu saga, then it's back to Goku).

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

DBZ was supposed to be Gohans story, but the fan boys didnt want it that way.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

In a way it still kinda revolved around Gohan more or less. I'd say up until the end of the cell games At the end of the cell games it pretty much went to everyone else.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well Cell Games it was still about Gohan, then it was all Goku in the Buu Saga basically, Gohan got a little moment there, but not long.

B

Blitz

I always wondered what that meant too, also got my answer XD

I thought Dragonball Z revolved around saiyans in general... guess not.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

No, doesnt really have anything to do with Sayians.

K

King Vegeta

Akira shouldn't have let Goku be the main character in the Buu saga, Goku should've been able to go Super Saiyan 3 but still be weak to Buu, Gohan goes mystic & wins, problem solved. In fact, Akira should've ended it at the Cell saga. The Buu saga was okay though.