• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Does your mind wander?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I seem to have had difficulty over the last few years or just being able to concentrate on one thing at once. I for example am right now watching a film that has a wonderful plot and a wonderful cast and yet at the same time I am on here creating threads and thinking about playing GTAV because my mind is wondering to do that.

Now you might think that I am not enjoying the film which is why my mind is wondering but that is not true, I am enjoying it it's just that I don't seem to be able to focus on the here and now, I seem to have this problem a lot. Do you find the same thing?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do that too, I'll be trying to watch a movie and my mind in on something else. It might be a good movie but I miss half of what is going on because of it. I think its because its just the wrong time for me to watch it or maybe its just not as interesting as I thought I should find it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've been plagued by this for as long as I can remember. It affects me most while I'm trying to read. I'll be reading but my mind is somewhere completely different, and then I'll have no idea what I just read and I have to go back and read it over again. It also happens while I'm watching TV or movies, but not quite as bad. I have to really make an effort to concentrate on whatever it is I'm doing.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Not only does my mind wander but most of the time it needs directions on how to get back :lol:

I get distracted with my thoughts all the time no matter what I am doing..
Whether it's reading, figuring out bills, talking to someone, watching TV, cooking etc.

I can't even figure out when all this started. But some people don't even realize that it happens unless someone else may notice and bring it to their attention.

If that's the case hope their mind is not wandering when it is being brought to their attention. :lol:

Elanor

Registered Member
My mind wanders all the time. It will usually be because I have thought of something I want/need to do, and if I don't do it when I think of it I will forget, then I will forget what I was doing in the first place. I also have a bad habit of being on the internet when watching TV or a film, and will often miss important things that happen.

brikaben

Registered Member
All the time. When reading or watching TV/Movies my mind often wanders and then I have to go back and re-read (or re-watch) what I have just been over.

Luckily at work it doesn't wander enough to get me in trouble.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Like all y'all, my mind is scattered too. I find I just cannot settle to do one thing at a time, so I try to do multiple things at once and as a result do them rather badly. Lately I've been deliberately trying to reign myself in and focus on one thing at a time. So far, I've only been minimally successful.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I can normally focus quite well on the task at hand,except for reading,my mind tends to go on a wonder half way through a chapter,and I then and up rereading it again.

However just lately my mind has been all over the place,I am having trouble finding anything to really hold my attention and I blame it on being in pain, not just getting old and losing my marbles,which is what my eldest daughter thinks.