Does your gym allow guests?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I mean having people with you but they're not registered there. Is there a place for them to hang out while they wait or can they stay near you while you work out? Or maybe, can they work out with you just that day?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Only people that work in my building can go to the gym, unless their given special permission. I work in a place where security is really high, so not anyone can walk in our building. They need a badge, and if they don't have one they have to leave their driver's license with the commissionaire.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
If I am a registered gym member and I bring a mate, they have to pay whatever the gym charges for a non gym member. A gym I know of, charges 4.40 for the whole day.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
me and my relatives have a private gym - a few floors downstairs. so no one else is welcomed there :p.
but yeah since it's private, it's just for us.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The gyms here don't allow guests.....but they give free passes to people who want to "try out" the gym.
Interesting. My friend I'm visiting goes to the gym regularly but at one point I might be there and we're wondering whether I should do something else at that time or watch, wait or even try out at the gym. I've never been a gym person.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I've never been a gym person either, mind you I need it lol....but yeah I went with one of my mates one time, and I stood there watching him go and the lady at the service desk said if I'm here to "try" out the gym, and she gave me a free pass for like 2 weeks....and found going to the gym was kind of cool.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
When I used to go to the gym, I saw one person hanging out with her friends whilst they worked out, so I guess they just kinda follow you around. As for if they wanted to work out, they just pay the single day work out fee and they're good to go, although if it's their first time they get it free.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I work out at 24 hour fitness and to be honest I don't know about their rules of bringing a friend to come with ya to work out. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as they pay some kind of fee or sign a liability waver for the gym.

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I was hoping I can just watch because I don't know what to do in the gym (ok smartarses, I know I can exercise haha) having not really exercised in a gym before. I feel like a foreign exchange student on her first day of school.