• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does your dog really love you?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to Hare, oxytocin-- same hormone that helps new mothers bond with their babies-- is released in both dogs and humans when they play, touch, or look into one another's eyes.

Anderson Cooper: Does your dog really love you? - CBS News
I always felt that my dog loved me. She would do more than look into my eyes, when I would hug her she would try to hug me back. She always liked being close to me, she would go to bed when I did and get up when I did. If I didn't do what she was wanting I could see disappointment in her eyes and I would often give in. Yea I think she loved me.

Do you think your dog loves you?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I'm more of a cat person myself, but I like dogs too. :)
I would have to say of course your dog loves you, mind you he also loves licking his own butt so there you have it. :)

- Chameleon

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ha ha, cats lick their butts too so I don't think that's something that makes one animal better than the other. Knowing that I didn't allow my dogs or cats to lick my face.

I also love cats and have had a few. I love having two kittens at once, they are so funny.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I saw a video the other day of a golden retriever loosing this mind seeing his owner coming home from serving time in the army, (it was on Facebook so I cannot find but I am sure either it or other videos are out there) the dog was all over him like a rash, not barking but just unable to hold back how much affection the dog clearly had for his or her owner.

I am not a dog person, I have no problem with them but given the choice I prefer cats however, this video broke my heart and proved to me that dogs are that much more loving. I love cats I do but I doubt I would ever see a cat do this just because.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
True, cats do sometimes do the butt licking thing, but rarely do I see them follow up by trying to lick their owners face. They also generally kick dirt/litter over their poop rather than just dropping a load and walking away (perhaps after rolling in it) and I've yet to see a cat eat it's own vomit.

... Now on the flipside I've never seen a cat fetch a newspaper or slippers and I doubt many would if they could. And the desperate need for human affection and attention that dogs have make them very trainable, whereas cats, not so much. :)

- Chameleon

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If my dog didnt love me then he wouldnt be knocking me down when I see him. I dont think he knows how strong he is lol. He doesnt live in the house but when I see him he is always all over me. He is a Rottweiler and huge and he is very well trained.

Im not a cat person but mom had a cat and it died. We were at the funeral yesterday and it was really sad but it woulda been even sadder for me if it was our dog that died. I hope he lives forever.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Well I've been through the loss of enough pets that the next one I get is going to be rechargeable. I've already got some designs in my head for a robo-pet that'd look, feel, and act like the real deal. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking along those lines. No more mortal pets for me. I get wayyyy too attached. Besides, a slight increase on your light bill is a lot less hassle and cost than pet food and vet bills, and you wouldn't have to pick up after them (not that such is usually an issue with cats).

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was really attached to Heidi, who was a rottweiler. Never had such a smart and loving dog. We were really close, never was that attached to a dog before and I had a few. When she died I cried for a week. I felt like I had lost my best friend.

Even at 100lbs she like to sit on my lap. I would kick back in the recliner and she would crawl upon my lap and lay across my legs and watch the fish in the aquarium. She finally grew out of it when she got to be about 2.