Does your doctor's sex matter?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
After reading the preferences for massage, I saw that some are not comfortable with the idea of being "touched" by the opposite sex.

Or is it because it's massage? What about if it's a choice for your doctor, someone who will have some kind of physical contact with you? Does it matter if it's male or female?

I don't really care whether it's same or opposite sex. It's probably because I don't see anything sexual about professional massage or health appointments. My gynecologist is even a male doctor. :D

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Some are not comfortable with a massage from the opposite sex? I don't want a guy massaging me, just wouldn't feel right. Now that reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George had a guy massage him:lol:

As far as doctors, I've never had a female doctor. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with one. I prefer men. And old. Maybe that's just me:p

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wouldn't feel comfortable being examined by a male doctor. I would be embarassed no matter how professional he was. I only like my boyfriend to touch me and look at me!
If I had a personal problem, I would feel more comfortable talking about it to a woman than a man.

Sim

Registered Member
For common doctors, it doesn't matter to me. But when it comes to my psychologist, I didn't quite like three female psychologists in the past and always stopped seeing them at some point, while I am very content with my current one, who happens to be male. I don't know whether that's because of his gender, or if that's just a coincidence.

Blueyes

Registered Member
General practitioner don't give a rats ass but for my GYN appts it has to be a male. Just something about a female irks me. Massaging, guess it wouldn't matter but I've never had a massage.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I strongly believe that only women should be OB/GYN practitioners, because men can't know what it feels like to have the issues that women have. So yes, my doctor's gender matters to me.

teron

Registered Member
If its a general appointment, doesn't matter to me.

Massage, physical/anything like that - I'd prefer a woman thanks.

For a general doctor, it doesn't matter at all. All mine have been male so far. Though if I wanted to ask about something more personal than "What's this rash on my arm?" then I'd prefer to talk to a female doctor, I guess. It's not something I've ever had to think about though.