Does your doctor's sex matter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

After reading the preferences for massage, I saw that some are not comfortable with the idea of being "touched" by the opposite sex.

Or is it because it's massage? What about if it's a choice for your doctor, someone who will have some kind of physical contact with you? Does it matter if it's male or female?

I don't really care whether it's same or opposite sex. It's probably because I don't see anything sexual about professional massage or health appointments. My gynecologist is even a male doctor. :D

2. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Me neither. As long as he/she is understanding, it's alright.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Some are not comfortable with a massage from the opposite sex? I don't want a guy massaging me, just wouldn't feel right. Now that reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George had a guy massage him:lol:

As far as doctors, I've never had a female doctor. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with one. I prefer men. And old. Maybe that's just me:p

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I wouldn't feel comfortable being examined by a male doctor. I would be embarassed no matter how professional he was. I only like my boyfriend to touch me and look at me!
    If I had a personal problem, I would feel more comfortable talking about it to a woman than a man.

5. Sim

Sim Registered Member

For common doctors, it doesn't matter to me. But when it comes to my psychologist, I didn't quite like three female psychologists in the past and always stopped seeing them at some point, while I am very content with my current one, who happens to be male. I don't know whether that's because of his gender, or if that's just a coincidence.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

General practitioner don't give a rats ass but for my GYN appts it has to be a male. Just something about a female irks me. Massaging, guess it wouldn't matter but I've never had a massage.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I strongly believe that only women should be OB/GYN practitioners, because men can't know what it feels like to have the issues that women have. So yes, my doctor's gender matters to me.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

My doctors have all been male. I've never had a massage but if I did it would be from a female.

9. teron

teron Registered Member

If its a general appointment, doesn't matter to me.

Massage, physical/anything like that - I'd prefer a woman thanks.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

For a general doctor, it doesn't matter at all. All mine have been male so far. Though if I wanted to ask about something more personal than "What's this rash on my arm?" then I'd prefer to talk to a female doctor, I guess. It's not something I've ever had to think about though.