• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does the WWE need a heel announcer?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty much all the announcers right now are face, it gets pretty boring sometimes if you asked me. Do you think they need one of the announcers needs to be a heel again? Or you believe them being face is just fine?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is so important to have a heel announcer because it gives you a different prespective on the matches. JBL was mostly a heel but sometimes was a tweener.

Guys like Heenan and Ventura made broadcasts ten times better becausae they were heels. It's a MUST.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is so important to have a heel announcer because it gives you a different prespective on the matches. JBL was mostly a heel but sometimes was a tweener.

Guys like Heenan and Ventura made broadcasts ten times better becausae they were heels. It's a MUST.

I totally agree with you, I loved Heenan, him and Gorilla going at it all the time. Ventura was great as well. You cannot forget Piper as well. He didn't announce often but when he did as a heel he was great. I loved it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
For sure...

The problem is WHO...WHO fills the role? Personally I think Matt Striker is awesome...he knows so much about wrestling and its history. Just make him a heel.

The problem there is that he'd eat Josh Matthews alive haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a fan of Striker as well, I was hoping that he would move to Smackdown after the WWE didn't renew Tazz's contract. I think he would be a perfect heel. Him and Jim Ross would make a good combination, with Ross being face and Striker being the heel.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I dont think Grisham and JR are very good together...JR and Striker would be awesome. Just put Matthews and Grisham together on ECW...since less people watch that show anyways

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, I dont see anything wrong in Matthews and Grisham together on ECW. I am real surprise that the WWE hasn't moved Striker to a different brand already.

I am really amazed by Striker, I think if he continues this job for ten years plus, he can end up in the Hall. I think he's that good.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Johnathon Coachman was a good heel announcer, but I think WWE should make Jerry Lawler cheer for all the heels again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, I dont see anything wrong in Matthews and Grisham together on ECW. I am real surprise that the WWE hasn't moved Striker to a different brand already.

I am really amazed by Striker, I think if he continues this job for ten years plus, he can end up in the Hall. I think he's that good.
Yeah I agree...Striker is a student of the business and is a smart guy to boot. He makes things interesting...huge fan.

Johnathon Coachman was a good heel announcer, but I think WWE should make Jerry Lawler cheer for all the heels again.
Lawler was a better heel announcer but i think it'll be hard to turn people against him because he's a hall of famer and all that.

Coach sucked :lol:

viLky

ykLiv
Question: why bother having the sound up if there are two face commentators? Heck, why even bother having two commentators if they're both just going to be face.

You must have one of each not only for the moderation factor, but to keep the show entertaining. If you have two face commentators then the show becomes boring... at least listening to it that is, and if you have two heels then you'll have to much of a good thing. Balancing them both out if a good thing, and I have no idea why Vince put all these face commentators together. Doesn't he know better.