• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does the world need another...

mynameisCat

Registered Member
...wedding jewelry online store?

I've been thinking of selling a mix of my own jewelry and finished jewelry online, but would love to get the opinions of more experienced online sellers than me -- I'm a newbie to the online selling thing!

I also am wondering whether it's best to stick to inexpensive plated pieces, or more expensive sterling and karat pieces...?

Any and all input appreciated!

hokeshel

Registered Member
I guess the main thing to consider is wether you can offer something unique, wether it be the type of jewelry or maybe just the way the site is set up. There is always room for jewelry I think but, just make sure you don't come off as generic. Find a way to be noticed. I am not sure just how but, go for it!

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Thanks, hokeshel! I'll have to think about that carefully -- as you say, there has to be something unique about it...one always likes to think that one's jewelry IS unique, but let's face it, a necklace is sort of a necklace, isn't it? :) I'll be putting up LOTS of information...I've been thinking of attaching it to a website that gives an actual step by step for different kinds of weddings on a budget... I'll keep brainstorming ideas!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Cat, you'll never know unless you give it a whirl right? Don't let yourself regret not doing it one day because you think it might not work.
Let us know when you get it going, I'd love to see your creations.:nod:

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Thanks, Angel -- will do, it'll take me a bit, because i'm trying to work on the Content -> Traffic -> Pre-sell -> Monetize model at the moment. But I may actually run some auctions and open the store a bit earlier, because, jeez, opening up a business takes money, and I need to make SOME money at some point soon instead of spending it! :D