• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does the Ketogenic Diet Work for Older Adults?

Sophia

Registered Member
My daughter and son-in-law have been on the Ketogenic diet now for several months. He has lost 40lbs. and she has lost 15lbs. They are in their early 40s and they both look great. Being several years older, I wonder if it will work for me. Does anyone know?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
It's a diet that is very high in protein and fat and very low in carbs. Like you, I know a few people who have lost weight by going on this diet and it seemed pretty painless for them to do so. I wonder if it would affect your cholesterol levels and blood pressure though. I'd probably check with a doctor if I had any concerns.

Pepper

Registered Member
High protein diets have always worked for me. I'm in my late thirties though, so I'm not sure if it's suitable for you. I would consult with a doctor before doing it.