Does smoking weed really boost your metabolism?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by smer, Jun 24, 2009.

1. smer

smer New Member

I've been told that it does, and when I am high, it feels like my food digests a lot faster and I can literally feel myself getting skinnier. Or maybe that's just cause I'm high. Hahaha.
    Oh and my friend recently lost 10 pounds without even trying after she started to smoke weed daily. :-o

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I'm not sure one way or the other. But as a pothead myself, I've never felt myself getting skinnier. I have, however, gotten a serious case of the munchies and cured it with an entire box of cereal, a gallon of milk, and a full pound of burgers with a side of brownies.

But I've stayed around the same weight the entire time I've been smoking.

3. smer

smer New Member

Wow that's a lot of food. Hahahah. Well think about your hunger when you're high and concentrate on the feeling in your stomach, maybe you'll feel it. Ha.

4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That's about the time that I get the munchies.;)

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Even if it does, I know whenever I smoke I counteracted that with the insane amounts of food I consumed.

6. smer

smer New Member

Haha, well our metabolism being boosted, if that's true, explains how we can eat so much! Cause I know I can eat way more than I can when I'm sober. :D

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I know plenty of overweight potheads so I'm inclined to say no, it doesn't increase metabolism. Then again, I know a lot of very skinny potheads, too. So I guess it's a matter of your own body chemistry.

8. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I think that a lot of potheads just get skinny because they spend a large portion of their cash on pot, and don't have anything left for decent amounts of food. Other's get fat because they do have lots of food, but the pot makes them so lazy, they just end up sitting around getting fat. It's all dependent on the situation and your own body chemistry. I don't think that it speeds up your metabolism at all because since pot is a depressant, and slows you down, it wouldn't make sense for it to speed anything up.

9. smer

smer New Member

I think that the overweight ones just eat too much when they get the munchies.

People usually get lazy towards the end of their high. A lot of people like to walk and do things when they are high, like me. But everyone's different.

Oh, and when your high, your heart rate speeds up. Not everything slows down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Or they just eat too much in general.

:nod: