• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does "Right to Carry" deter crime?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I honestly don't know the answer to this, but I saw on the news yesterday that a Congresswoman, I didn't catch her name, is going to start carrying as a result of the shooting in Tucson, and the first thought that came into my head was would it have made a difference if Gabrielle Giffords had been armed that day. My guess is no, because she likely would not have been able to react quickly enough, but it's difficult to say what would have happened.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Jeanie: I'll bet you're right. I also think it was stupid to announce to the world that you're carrying as it totally removes the element of suprise which I think is a big advantage.

Daemonic

Registered Member
Another thing I want to add, one down side to open carry is there are people that would try to take advantage of that. When i lived in bad areas I had seen two different guns stolen by gangsters from people that were manipulated. So I guess if you are going to open carry don't be stupid about it.