• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does MLB need a salary cap

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This debate has been going on for years. In your opinion, do you believe the MLB need a salary cap? Do you think it would hurt or help the game if MLB instilled a salary cap?

rolewiii

Bizzy said:
This debate has been going on for years. In your opinion, do you believe the MLB need a salary cap? Do you think it would hurt or help the game if MLB instilled a salary cap?
Yes, but with all of the money in baseball, is should be very, very high. I'm thinking $200-$250 Million. It should also only pertain to guys actually on your team (think Bobby Bonilla) and should rise with inflation. It goes against every Libertarian bone in my body, but I believe the massive amounts of revenue for MLB clubs should go to urban renewal and getting inner city kids fed, educated and playing baseball.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I don't think so, mainly cause teams that can spend more will always find a way around it. I'm all for some of the extra money earned going to sick kids, charity or anything to help the youth.