• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does it ever happen to you ..

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
....not to sleep when it's bed time because you're getting obsessed by any song [old or new] that's keeping you awake and you can't stop from listening to it several times?
Or even watch a program on TV when you have to do other more important things [during night time]?

I'm listening to Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind P.II several times now and this song will keep me awake tonight though I have to wake up in 4 hours.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Since no one replied yet, it hasn't happened to anyone else? :hah:

The song thing doesn't happen to me but being "obsessed" with something to watch (tv series or movies) could keep me up or from doing other things I have to do. Or simply posting in GF...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This always happens to me. Not usually with a song, but it happens to me with TV shows/ books and internet. And video games! I often stay up late watching episodes of a TV show even though I really need to go to sleep. Or I will be reading a book I just can't put down and stay up all night despite the fact I really need sleep.

Dabs

Registered Member
Yep, for reasons I am still trying to figure out, I take my Droid to bed with me, and I get YouTube on, and I watch and listen to Tim McGraw sing a song called "Angry All The Time."

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
All the time. Recently, it's got to do with unfinished homework. I am prepared to stay up till 3-4am just to finish ALL of my homework.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This happens to me all the time. I always feel like there's something more exciting that I could be doing instead of sleeping so I'll find something else to do. Whether it's a song, a game, or something else.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It doesn't happen with shows, because I fall asleep during them if I'm the least bit tired.

However theres lots of time when I suddenly get an idea for something to do, and start googling how to do it, and end up spending several hours just researching it and reading up on it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It doesn't happen to me with video games, because even though I'm a big fan I know that it will probably keep my mind going too much and give me trouble falling asleep. With music, I'll usually fall asleep to it.

However, TV is a different story. I'll stay up to catch shows that I missed earlier in the evening much later than I should, and a lot of times - it's stupid - but I'll stay awake to watch them while I know I'm dead tired and needing to sleep. Late night TV is definitely one of my vices.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
usually it'll happen to me if i think of a random song and i can't remember the lyrics. I'll keep repeating the same verse or line until i remember it or just move on to something else

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'd say GF is the only thing that keeps me from sleeping. Last night I stayed in chat until almost 3am because there were so many people in there and I didn't want to miss out lol. We were all having fun and I didn't realise it was so late/early.