• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Does House need to be watched in order?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is House the type of show that needs to be watched in order or is it more like the X-Files where there's a main plot but it's not super important to watch it in order?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I would say yes. You won't understand a lot of the backstory and the characters won't make as much sense if you don't start at the beginning.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
So there is a good amount of backstory and character development that needs to be seen in order?

How many episodes/seasons are there so far?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You don't really need to watch all the shows in order in my opinion, to understand the show, because it's very rare that there's going to be a two part episode.

But like Cons mention it's easier to understand the characters and their background if you watch them in order, or pretty close to eachother.

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
i don't think its that necessary to watch all of them in order...at least season by season...its not completely necessary to season 4 before 5 but ep3.2 should def come before ep3.3, make sense?

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
If you live in America there's 5 seasons, but the UK doesn't get season 5 on TV until November I think, so here there's only 4. There's 22 episodes in season 1, 24 in seasons 2 and 3 and 16 in season 4 (due to the writers' strike).

I'd say it's better to watch it in order, because during the course of a season, there are story arcs that affect the following seasons in some way. So if you watch an episode in season 2, then that could be in the middle of a story arc that was brought about by something in season 1.

Hanniexxx

Registered Member
Yep, I would also say to watch the episodes in order. Coming in and starting watching House in the middle of a season or completely randomising your episode viewings would really do no justice to the amazing storylines of House. There would also be no continuity which is what Soaps survive on. :)

Wade8813

Registered Member
It would probably work to not watch them in order, but there are a lot of ongoing storylines that make more sense if watched chronologically.

Hanniexxx

Registered Member
True. A few episodes have no continuing storylines but the majority have some elements even if they aren't major. To be honest, I would never consider watching episodes out of order but then again, I'm obsessed with House! :D

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I watched alot of season 3 before I watched seasons 1 and 2. I wouldn't say that it's impossible to not watch them in order, but alot of the time during episodes in season three I was like 'huh?'. And then when I watched seasons 1 and 2 I was like 'oh I see'. Its not crucial, but I reccomend watching them in order.