• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Does he like me?

Rosie

Registered Member
Theres a guy in my office who i like and im wondering if he could like me back??
Hes always been really friendly towards me and teases me alot. He'll always come up to me and mess up my hair or push into me.
Hes very kind as well, when im upset he'll ask whats wrong and i can talk to him and tell him my problems and hes always really understanding.
Im not sure how to take it further though... a few weeks back i asked him if he wanted to come over to mine one evening and he agreed but on the day said he was too tired. i havent asked him again incase he knocks me back.
Not really sure where to go with this next??
does he like me or is he just fooling around not really interested in me at all??
How do i tell?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Well there are type of guys who have those manners [touching hair, teasing, messing and joking around...] with their friends because that's just the way they are. It's in their character to behave like that with friends. And though sometimes it may sound confusing to some, actually there may not be more than friendship [in his mind].
So some poeple confuse flirting with just being friendly.

On the other hand, there are guys who behave like that only with people they have a crush on. And you can tell this by comparing the way he behaves with you to the way he is with other girls.

Does he do the same things with other girls he feels close to? Or he does it only with you?
If he's like that with other girls, then it's just his type and it doesn't mean he likes you the way you like him.

Last edited:

Rosie

Registered Member
well he is quite friendly with another girl, the 3 of us often hang out together and he does tease her, ive seen him ruffle her hair once or twice but he does it with me alot more.
we were txting one night and did get a little bit flirty, then i got nervous and told him i was only joking... the next night i txt him again saying he could text me if he was bored with a wink on the end and he didnt reply at all??
So i really dont know??

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
well he is quite friendly with another girl, the 3 of us often hang out together and he does tease her, ive seen him ruffle her hair once or twice but he does it with me alot more.
we were txting one night and did get a little bit flirty, then i got nervous and told him i was only joking... the next night i txt him again saying he could text me if he was bored with a wink on the end and he didnt reply at all??
So i really dont know??
Well, it sounds like he's not interested in you in a romantic way. I see it as a friendly teasing from his part.

I have a friend who does the same thing with me and other girls.
He gets flirty with every girl.

So, If I were you, I wouldn't keep my hopes high that this could become more than just friendship.
And I'm afraid that if you let him know that you like him, he might go away and become distant (because he'll realize that you might have misunderstood his intentions).

Rosie

Registered Member
Well, it sounds like he's not interested in you in a romantic way. I see it as a friendly teasing from his part.

I have a friend who does the same thing with me and other girls.
He gets flirty with every girl.

So, If I were you, I wouldn't keep my hopes high that this could become more than just friendship.
And I'm afraid that if you let him know that you like him, he might go away and become distant (because he'll realize that you might have misunderstood his intentions).
yeah i sometimes think that too:cry:
although sometimes he will say or do something that makes me think different.
how can you tell, without making it obvious that u like them??

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
how can you tell, without making it obvious that u like them??
You mean you want to let him know that you like him but still not make it obvious?

It's hard to hide your feelings about someone. Sooner or later those will come out.

Rosie

Registered Member
You mean you want to let him know that you like him but still not make it obvious?

It's hard to hide your feelings about someone. Sooner or later those will come out.
well most people in the office have noticed how close we are and there are rumours flying about :rolleyes:

we are both fully aware of whats being said and he said he doesnt mind.
i just think hes out of my league, hes very good looking and im only average although he has said a couple of times that im gorgeous, very flattering but i think he probably just being nice!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
well most people in the office have noticed how close we are and there are rumours flying about :rolleyes:

we are both fully aware of whats being said and he said he doesnt mind.
i just think hes out of my league, hes very good looking and im only average although he has said a couple of times that im gorgeous, very flattering but i think he probably just being nice!
What do you think you can "win" if you let him know that you like him?
I say you'll win nothing..because apparently he doesn't feel the same way.

As for now, be normal and don't take any step forward.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I agree with Elly, don't try to take any steps forward. If he likes you, and if he's worth it, he will ask you out.

At the same time, with the rumors flying around, I'd probably back off if I were you. Sometimes these things can bite you in the ass and it can hurt your job.

Dabs

Registered Member
He sounds as if he is kind of immature...sorry, that's a tough word to use, but if he's fussing with your hair, or 'knocking' into you...it just seems childish to me.
I just have a hard time picturing a mature gentleman doing such things.
And if he's being flirty with another girl too....well....sounds like he is having fun with all the gals, perhaps??
I'd sit back and wait and see.
Definitely don't go chasing after him...good luck.