Does DBZ have any true logic to it?

D

DarknessWarrior

Sometimes when I watch anime shows, it just seems like lights and multiple ways to kill someone. But as I listen and watch on through a series, I notice there is some back meaning and moral to some of the anime out there.

But what about the Dragon Ball Series?

I watched it like a crazed fan, but I never really saw any real weight in meaning and logic. It seems like supernatural good guys vs. bad guys the more I watch (though I do like like the show with exceptions of Buu and Bebi).

What do you guys think? Is there anything beyond cool attacks, killing villians, and twisted jokes and innuendos?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

DragonBall is based on a legend, and most people watch TV to be entertained, and most people that watch animes are children, so I really dont think they are going to be watching for moral meaning and support.

It has some logic, not much meaning beyond your average, 'good triuphs over evil', 'strength is obtained through hard work', and 'Relationships are good to have'

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think it had much meaning, but there is some hidden messages sometimes I believe sometimes, like if your not strong enough and you train then you can be what you can be, if you just put your mind into it.

K

King Vegeta

DBZ had much meaning. Loyalty, hard work, showing that it's better to be good than evil, etc. If little kids watch it(I'm a preteen, 12), then it may teach them that being bad is bad. Hell, DBZ could even inspire children to want to be strong which would result in a world where there are a lot of people in shape & a lot of people who could live longer, stronger & healthier lives. So I'd say DBZ had a lot of meaning to it.

B

barfootboards

yeah, plenty of logic indeed, i understood it completely, so it has to have logic lol.

K

King Vegeta

Yeah....

Like I said, DBZ appeals to kids a lot & also can appeal to teens & adults.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I believe it can be shown to all ages to be honest with you, maybe not the Japanese version because there's hentain and lots of bloob but the American version, is good for all ages.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

There is not really any bad nudity in the Japanese versions, and seeing blood isnt new, they see "real" blood in the movies, so blood thats drawn shouldnt be bad to see.