does anyone go long distance running?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lise, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lise

lise Registered Member

i love running, it's great. i need to get back into practise though! can't wait 'til the holidays; i'll be able to run alot then.
    does anyone else run?
    sorry if this is in the wrong board or whatever! =]

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I used to do it. My friends and I would alternate running and swimming days. Now I just don't have the time and not sure if I still can without getting a heart attack :lol:. My mates don't live here either (we've all moved). I don't like running alone.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Not for me. It's killer on my joints and the smog here is terrible. I prefer to go swimming instead since it doesn't hurt my joints, it's hot and it's fun! :boat:

4. lise

lise Registered Member

^ you wouldn't live in london, by any chance, would you? =]

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I used to run a lot of long distance but naturally I am a sprinter so I do a lot of that, I need to stay in shape for track somehow ;)

Usually I like to run on a track because sprinting is very particular and you have to have perfect form, although I also sprint up my driveway (it's a long uphill) and it seems to be helping a lot.

I will admit though that sometimes a good long distance run can do you some good.

6. lise

lise Registered Member

I'm better at sprints, but I'm better suited to long distance, although that doesn't really seem to make sense. I do enjoy long distance running more than sprinting.

7. Dawn

Dawn Registered Member

I live in the middle of nowhere so it kinda comes with the teritory, I do enjoy it though - plus it gets me out the house more!

8. orangelightning

orangelightning Registered Member

Not running, but I bike. 20 miles a day to get to and from work. woo! It's all flat, but still.

dDave likes this.