Does anybody here use Quicken?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
My accountant has recommended that I use Quicken to make things easier on myself. Does anybody else here use it?

I am 90% sold on the idea, and am getting ready to go pick up next year's version. If you know of another program that you like as well, please let me know. I'm not dead set on using Quicken, but I am leaning that way.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I use Quicken for my personal finances and use QuickBooks for businesses.

Are you needing a program for just your personal finances? If you do, Quicken is all you need. The program is really easy to learn and will provide basic reports that you could use. The nice thing about Quicken is that you also can use it for Business, but that can take some time to set up.

QuickBooks is the best choice for businesses, in my opinion. I found it easy to learn and it can grow with your business.

If you need help with either, let me know. :)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll have to check out QuickBooks too. I'm looking for one that can do both business and personal. I might just use Quicken though because I know more people who use that and are happy with it.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Do you have things like Sales Tax and/or Payroll Taxes to worry about? Or do you have customers that you will need to invoice?

Advanced business things like that will be easier with QuickBooks. But if you pretty much just write checks and receipt money in, Quicken would be the easiest way to go.

If you start with Quicken and decide later to go with QuickBooks as your business grows, you can always import the Quicken data into QuickBooks :)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's good to know. Generally I wouldn't have a great deal of invoices per year. For the most part I deal with checks in and out, and an invoice here or there.

Basically I just need something to put expenses in and record income. It would be a lot easier than the custom excel file I made, which is a real pain to update. :)