TV Doctor Who?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I just started watching Doctor Who on BBC America. I've been meaning to watch it, but decided now would be a good time to start because its the start of a new season. I rather liked it. Its weird, new, and original, and I love it. Another new good show to watch. Any one else watching it? How do you like it?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Yeah Im watching it too. So far Im enjoying the new Doctor, he plays the part well, and Amy Pond makes a good sidekick (plus she is damn hot). I think Matt Smith had big shoes to fill, Tennant did such a good job although I felt he was let down by the scriptwriters at times, of the four episodes Ive seen with Smith, even the tongue in cheek cheesy lines and dubious links he pulls off with youthful exuberance, going for a young Doctor seems to of paid off.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE Doctor Who fan, lol. My brother has been watching it his whole life, pretty much (he's 42); as with Dungeons and Dragons, this is another hobby of his that rubbed off on me.

David Tennant was definitely my favorite Doctor of all time, I definitely agree that Smith has some big shoes to fill. I only have access to the current season through BBC America, which my brother has at his place downtown. So it'll be sporadic watching for this season unless it comes back to SyFy.

From what I saw of the first episode with Smith and Pond, they work really well together. I like Smith, but it's going to take a while for him to grow on me because I was so damn impressed with Tennant's portrayal of how a Doctor could be.

I hope to catch a good amount of this season, bummed I don't have BBC America!

Bananas

Endangered Species
From what I saw of the first episode with Smith and Pond, they work really well together. I like Smith, but it's going to take a while for him to grow on me because I was so damn impressed with Tennant's portrayal of how a Doctor could be.
Trust me it wont take long. Episode 4 (Time of Angels) is really good, Ive already forgotten that there were any other Doctors.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Is episode 4 about the Weeping Angels? Definitely one of the coolest alien species to ever appear on the show.

Gwargedd

Registered Member
I am yet to like the new Doctor. David Tennant was my favourite doctor by far (have seen every single episode from when it started way back when). Matt Smith will grow on me I think once I am used to seeing him and not Tennant. Amy Pond is a great sidekick for him. We are only up to episode 2 tonight in Australia. So I hope he improves with each episode. Its great to have it back on TV though.

Anyone know if we will be getting a new season of Torchwood this year?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Anyone know if we will be getting a new season of Torchwood this year?
I doubt it. There is uncertainty on its future but if there is another series it wont be for a while yet. I think they got a bit carried away with writing key members out of the script and caught up in all the politics of television.

Gwargedd

Registered Member
That is a shame that they did that but Torchwood lives on. As long as Captain Jack is around to gather nnew forces there is always a chance

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
But...didn't Jack fuck off after...you know...

Having to sacrifice his son's (or was it grandson? Great-grandson?) life so that the 456 don't end up using a good portion of Britain's children as drugs?

Last edited: