Xbox 360 Doa 4 Help

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doorsman, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Doorsman

Doorsman New Member

Ok i dont know if this has been asked or posted but ive been playing doa and unlocked a bunch of stuff. When i went to play yesterday all my saved info was gone and i was logged on as PLAYER1 not my gamertag. I logged out and back in but that didnt work. Anyone able to tell me how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated.:D

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

All 360 saves are profile-based. So if you're not logged onto your profile, you're not going to get your saves.

Simple, log onto your gamer tag and set it to auto sign in.

3. Doorsman

Doorsman New Member

I did i have always had it on auto login and my op said that i have already tried to log in and out any other ideas...

4. Doc

Again, you can't be Player 1 and access the saved games from your gamer tag. The way you described it, they are two different profiles on the 360 and one can't recognize the saved games on the other.

5. Doorsman

Doorsman New Member

i know what ur sayin but my gamertag is logged in but when i turn the game on it brings up a side thing that says Player 1 Choose a save device (dont know if thats exact but yeah) i then go to the thing when u hit the circle in them middle sign out and bavck in it doesnt work. Its never done this untill last night. if you can think of anyway to fix that other than saying to log in and out or to log my gamertag in (because it is) let me know. or tell me what u would do to get the game to recognize my gamertag again because i can't figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  6. Doc

So if you type that in a manner that I can understand that, I can help you. No offense, but I have no clue what you just said.

7. Doorsman

Doorsman New Member

ok sorry im not to good at typeing what im thinking. Let me give u the basics about my problem. Ive been playing DoA4 my gamertag is logged in. Yesterday when i started the game up it gave me the side thing that you get when you first turn it on asking to choose a save location. It was saving under Player 1 so i logged out of my gamertag relogged and the problem kept going on. I don't know how to get my gamertag profile to get back in the game. I hope that was better most likely wasnt but in short it wont log me in as my gamertag profile but as one that is Called Player1. and i have logged off and on my system is set to auto log in and everything.

8. Doc

I was bored, so I did it for you.

Alright, so you're telling me that you signed onto your player profile, then signed onto your X-Box Live account from the game? You're not going to be able to get your saved games that way because the X-Box 360 recognizes a gamer tag as a separate profile, even though you can sign onto a Live account from any player profile. So, you need to set your X-Box Live account to auto sign-in, and stop using the player profile. That way, you always use your Live account, and you always get your saves and achievements from that one account. You have no need for a player profile when you have an X-Box Live account, as it treats the account as a separate profile that you can log onto.

From what I can deduce, you signed onto the Live account profile, and not your player profile. The game saves are on the account for the Live profile, and not your player profile. Delete the player profile, only use the Live account as your profile, and life is good.