Do your pets drink out of the toilet?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mirage, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've had dogs in the past that I've caught drinking out of the toilet. I think most animals that are tall enough will do it every chance they have if they are thirsty. That's probably the best reason I can think of for closing the lid.

Closing the lid doesn't always work though:

YouTube - Dog attacks toilet

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Our dog never did. I think it's pretty gross. Just close the bathroom door and it won't be a problem.

3. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

My Cat does :lol:

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

My cat drinks out of the shower unit and the bird bath but we've never caught him with his head down the toilet.

Mirage likes this.
  5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

One of my cats used to do that...it was pretty funny watching him perched on the edge, trying to balance on the seat as he attempted to drink the water. Lid is always down now though. He always had fresh water in his dish, but I guess there was something intriguing about the toilet water. Weirdo.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

No. The toilet seats at my house are always down.

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Dog didn't do it, cat is too scared of the toilet...probably...and the ferret can't reach.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Heck no the toilet seats are always down in my house due to the fact that my cat used to jump up on that to get to the bathroom sink to either sleep or drink.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Nope. The toilet seats are down and we didn't really let the dog roam around in the house that much.

10. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I can say that my two dogs don't drink from the toilet. If they did they would have blue tongues and muzzles. Might be funny to see. But no my dogs have their own drinking bowls and do not drink from the toilet.

I have seen toilet shaped dog dishes and thought about getting them, but the wife said no.