Do you workout?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok, I will admit one of my new years resolutions was to start hitting the gym, but I got distracted as usual and didn't. I recently started working out daily and I have to say that after just a few weeks I am noticing the effects.

I went out and bought wrist and ankle weights and at 2.5 pounds each, you wouldn't think it would make much of a difference, but the next day it sure does LOL!

Anyone else have any insight on getting into a daily exercise routine?

:)

2. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

I've tried it all... seriously... the one thing that works...

1) Wake up and stretch out a little IMMEDIATELY
    2) Make some breakfast (healthy of course... dont even buy junk food)
    3) Wait watch your morning tv show or browse the net for an hour
    4) Attach two leg weights anywhere from 36-45 lbs one on each leg... usually in the form of a small human being (please dont try this in public with someone elses human beings... it will usually land you in jail and people will give you very very weird looks)
    5) Drag the the weights around until you feel like you are going to pass out or until they knock their heads together on accident
    6) When the wailing begins, be sure to move the weights up to your hips for consoling purposes. They need to stay there for about a half hour. We dont want upset weights do we?
    7) Go back to internet browsing after you serve up the breakfast yuo have now burned (this is called the wait n burn diet)

This is guaranteed to tone muscles you didn't know you had. The rest of the routine is to chase the weights around for the rest of the day.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I like to run....after little kids and gobble them up for breakfast; *cackle-cackle* (come on the pic's not that scary) Seriously though, when my daughter joined cross-country 2 years ago, I found it was a great way to be with her and talk, without the traditional "mom hat". I did have to quit for about 4 months due to severe heel problems, but now that it's getting better, I love it more than ever. Not only is it one of the cheapest forms of exercise, but it's also great to do alone or with someone. Every weekend has a 5k going on somewhere and you meet some wonderful people. I have found that as long as I run, I can pretty much eat what I want and not worry about gaining weight.

4. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

LMAO!!!! Thanks!! I needed that!

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

All I can do is work out my stomach right now. I gain 10 pounds since after my surgery. I thought it was impossible for me to gain weight but I was wrong. I can't do any heavy lifting for another 2 months but can't wait to start lifting weights again.

6. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Well i use to work out years ago...But since all the medical problems i cant..Its hard to do anything with only one lung.But i find if i go slower in what im doing it helps. I use to love going to the gym ..Now i get my workout here at home lifting and stacking bales of hay ..Use to be no problem to move 100-200 bales around aday.... Now im lucky to move 4-5 bales a day ..Old age gets ya fast.. Enjoy yourself while you still can...

7. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I go to the gym about 4 times a week...would love to go more, but scheduling is a problem....lol
    I do the Elliptical machine everytime for about 40 minutes at a pretty good incline.....then everyother time I go I do a weight circuit....
    I also run on our tredmill at home once or twice a week......but now its nice so I will probably hit the track at one of local schools...when school is out!!!
    I have to say once you start going to the gym everyday you almost miss it when you can not go!!!

8. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Work Out? What Is That??? Lol

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all. No gym, no people being human gerbils for me. I surf.!! If you haven't tried it it's like cardio, yoga, Running, and martial arts all rolled into one.
    Seriously you should try it weather it is on land or sea or booth in the same day you got to try it....
    Catch ya later................... :warp:

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I love the elliptical, thought I would die the 1st few times I used it. We belong to an awesome gym that has the best daycare for the kids (the kids have their own basketball court, jungle gym, computer-station, etc...) and the daycare is free! It's called Lifetime Fitness and is just like going to a resort. Okay, I can see everyones photo, you'll have to see my profile for mine, and I wonder how tall everyone is??? I'm 5' 9" so it's easier for me to hide a few extra pounds. Jenn, I'm guessing your shorter, am I right-am I right???...put the cornbread down and answer me!!!! :D