Do you wear your seatbelt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Dec 7, 2009.

?

Do you wear your seatbelt?

1. Yes

84.7%
  2. No

3.4%
  3. Sometimes

11.9%
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Simple question really, do you, or don't you wear your seatbelt. If you do wear it, do you wear it correctly? Do you make others in your car wear theirs?

I always wear my seatbelt. It's a habit.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I like my life and I don't trust strangers = instant yes.

EDIT: Whoa. Okay. I guess voting "Yes" means no.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I don't want to get ticketed for it, and I do feel more secure with it on. As for other people...I feel bad making people who don't want to wear them put them on. I guess it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with that person.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes I wear my seatbelt. I don't have to make other people do it, they do it automatically.

It's been the law in Michigan for at least 20 years.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yep I always wear it. I used to leave it off every now and then but it made me nervous, and one time I was in the car with my friend and her mum when a car went into the back of us as she slowed down to pull into my drive. If we hadn't been wearing seatbelts it could have been a lot worse than a sore neck. So yeah, I always put one on, unless I'm sitting in the middle of the back seat. I have no idea why that is, but I don't sit in that place more than around twice a year anyway.

I don't make other people wear their belts in my car, because 9.9 times out of 10 they do anyway. I guess I only ever drive my parents and friends around and have never noticed them not wear a seat belt.. oh apart from my brother.

tl;dr: yeah

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I always wear my seatbelt, it's way more safe that way. I also make others wear their seat belts as well. I know after eighteen years old your not responsible for people who don't wear it, but I just don't like driving when someone is not wearing it.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't drive but whenever I'm the passenger I always put on my belt. I'm not risking my life just to be a bit more comfortable.
    I have one friend that always reminds everyone to put on their belt because his sister went through the windscreen of a car and is now paralysed from the waist down from not wearing her seatbelt. That always pops in my mind when I see someone not wearing their belt.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

As much as I hate wearing it yes I do. It's been the law here in Texas for some time now.

9. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

For me it is only sometimes, it all depends on how far the trip is and who is driving for me.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I always wear it. It's the law here in Illinois and I've seen one of my friends get ticketed for it. I don't do it because of the law though. It's more of a habit. It only takes a second to put on, and once you get used to it you don't even notice that you're wearing it anymore. When I'm driving I usually make sure any passengers have their belts on.