• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you wear glasses?

What do you wear on your FACE?

• Total voters

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know a lot of people with poor eye sight are too embarrassed to wear glasses so they go for contact lenses. I never understood this myself because the idea of poking my eye grosses me out and I think that anyone suits glasses, given the right pair.

So, do you have perfect vision, do you wear glasses all the time, just for reading, just for driving etc?

I have to wear glasses for reading, being at a computer and if I could drive I would have to wear them for that also.
I am long-sighted but last time I had an eye test I was told I am slowly going short-sighted. I imagine in the next few years I'll need to wear glasses all of the time. I blame my parents!

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Bugger all. My eyes are AOK... and thankfully so, I'm pretty certain I'd look like a complete knobhead with glasses on.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I got glasses when I was about 14 or 15, I was only meant to wear them when I was using a PC if I remember rightly but overtime I started needing them, these days I can't not wear them. I have been told I should try contact lenses but knowing me I would forget I was wearing them or loose them in some stupid way...

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I wear glasses pretty much all the time. I don't need them when I'm reading, though, as I'm nearsighted.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to wear them for about ten years, then all of sudden my eye sight got better and I didn't have to wear them anymore. I couldn't stand wearing them because they annoyed the heck out of me. Another thing I couldn't stand about having glasses is that I lost them all the time. I had to buy about four to five new pairs because I lost them that often.

Dabs

Registered Member
I wear them about 50% of the time. Am I supposed to wear them always? Yes, but I don't. But I can't read a prescription bottle to save a life, so I need them then and when I am sitting in front of the computer, here or at work, I will wear them. But most of my other day to day things, I don't wear them.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I need glasses for everything except for short distance reading. Anything further than a couple of foot is blurry to me. I wear glasses all the time. However, I normally have contact lenses, I just haven't renewed my subscription for a while so I've just been sticking to the glasses.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wear glasses all of the time for near-sightedness. I am interested in considering contacts at some point when I can afford everything that goes along with them. I don't mind glasses, but it would just be nicer and I'd feel a little more confident with them. I usually do try to find a pair of glasses that fit my personality and style well, and I'm usually happy.

I used to not need them at all for reading, etc. I kind of do now, if I want to be comfortable, but I don't need a separate far-sighted prescription at this time. My Dad has bifocals, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I do at some point in my life.

Redman

Registered Member
I wear glasses.

It was a good while when I didn't, but I now I really need them since my accident.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wear glasses.

It was a good while when I didn't, but I now I really need them since my accident.
If you don't mind my asking, Redman, what kind of accident happened? How did it end up affecting your vision? Sorry to hear that, man.

(Don't fee pressured to discuss it if you don't want to).