• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you wear glasses/contacts?

dDave

V.I.P.
Anybody around here wear glasses or contacts? Who doesn't wear either?

I have pretty good vision, I'm always sure to take good care of my eyes, I wear sunglasses while driving, I'm not constantly staring at the computer (though I'm on here a lot), and I keep good nutrition.

I've made it 20 years and so far haven't needed to get any kind of prescription. I consider myself lucky since I'm a pretty extreme minority in my family.

What about you? Do you have a prescription? Anybody had corrective surgery?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Glasses. I tried contacts but could never get used to them. I used to hate wearing my glasses, especially at school. But then one day I just said fuck it, stopped caring what people thought and I've been wearing them ever since. Now I look odd without them. Haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wear glasses if I want to read but when watching TV or just around the house I don't. I thought about getting contacts because I don't like wearing glasses. They also prevent me from buying ordinary sun glasses.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have needed glasses since I was 3, but have had to wear them all the time since I was 11. I refused to wear them until it got to a point where I had no choice, plus I didn't want to have to sit in the front row at school.

I tried contact lenses a few years ago but didn't get on with them. I found it difficult to get used to having my point of focus (i think that is what it's called) where it should be, and there was nothing blocking the breeze out of my eyes :)

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been wearing glasses since I was about 17. I used to only wear them when I was driving, since there is a restriction on my license that I must wear them, but as I got older I need them to watch TV. I am near sighted which means I can't see things clearly from a distance. When I read anything I have to take my glasses off because they interfere. I've tried contacts but I can't really have them inserted properly. So I stick to glasses.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have glasses that are stronger in one eye than the other. I have astigmatism and I'm slightly far sighted. I don't require glasses to see but they do make me look sharp while making the world look a lot more sharp to me!

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I wear contacts but when my allergies get really bad I'll switch to my glasses. my vision is worse in one eye but overall I can't function without corrective lenses.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Been wearing glasses since I was 10 and love them. I wear them all the time because I'm pretty damn blind without them. Contacts freak me out and I never want to try them.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have glasses for driving, reading and for the computer. However, I am pretty naughty and only use them when driving. I just find them irritating, but I am not willing to switch to contacts because my prescription is so small. Then there's the fact that putting my finger near my eye makes me want to throw up.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Nope, I don't wear either. I'm pretty sure I need them though, or a monocle in the least. Odd thing is I haven't' been to an eye doctor in like 10 years. I have plenty of floaters as well, which is always annoying.