Do You Watch "Reality" TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamusAran86, May 25, 2005.

?

Do YOu have A livejournal

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WTF?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Amazing Race
    American Idol
    Survivor
    ect...ect...

So, This is my question for people out in AS land!!

Do you watch or like any "Reality" shows...

Personally I think they suck. I'd rather watch 20-30 year old shows than watch ANY "reality" television. Survivor sucks, as does the amazing Race. American Idol was good for a bit, then it sucked last year, and havent watched a minute of it this year.

So what say you?

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Well i watch Idol but not the others .Cant seem to get into them .Myself give me my old western movies and im set .I watch gunsmoke as long as its on gotta love those westerns

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Nope, I am not a TV watcher AT ALL!!! When I'm home alone nothing is on, no TV, no radio, I just appreciate silence and being able to think.

4. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Me too! except the loud radio fun me and my son enjoy so much...nothing else is ever on....well except the silly computer! Television is poor entertainment at best. Well, wait a minute...I do like to watch the history channel every once in a while.

5. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I watch American Idol, America's top model and sometimes the Apprentice.

6. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

OH gosh, well I like American Idol and Nanny 911.........other than that no reality tv for me.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I will watch the history channel if they are showing anything on medieval days. My kids almost died of boredom when I wouldn't let them watch Spongebob instead of a show on trebuchet's...but such is life!

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  8. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Cool! Another woman who likes History channel...I didn't think it was a very feminine channel...mostly a mens thing. But I love it.

9. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

This one needs to be a more than one choice thingy :D Since most of my own reality revolves around a 3 yr old all day long I've become addicted to a few of these shows. (but YES the silence thing is my very fav)!!! I watch Survivor (since season 1) and this is my first season of Idol. I've watched a few others once or twice but never really got into them.

Hubby loves it too so I watch it quite a bit too. Sadly for me he usually is watching the war stuff which I REALLY don't get into.....some of their other stuff is very good.

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  10. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I was disappointed with American Idol last year too & chose not to watch at all this year.
    Personally, the only Reality TV I really enjoy are the funny ones. This year I didn't miss one episode of "He's A Lady" on TBS or "Surreal Life" on VH1.
    I'm the same way with the older shows. I watch Roseanne re-runs on Nick at Nite whenever I get the chance.
    Speaking of the older shows, remember the good old days when "prime-time TV" was nothing but 1/2 hour & 1 hour sitcoms? Now it's all reality TV on all these channels.